Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 03:03 PM

A Fishy Conspiracy

Now, I'm not usually a strong adherent of conspiracies.

But I do find it a bit fishy how this Covid "superstrain" seems to have emerged so shortly before a relaxing of the rules over Christmas at exactly the same time as all political parties were vying for pole position in warning against it.

However, the one that does raise eyebrows is how so many cookery programs have significantly increased the number of fish dishes they demonstrate. Whether this is due to trying to reduce our reliance on red meat for health (or even "green") reasons, or as some kind of Brexit statement in terms of getting our fishing fleet back in business, who knows.

But it all looks a bit fishy to me!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 04:52 PM

Re: A Fishy Conspiracy

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

But I do find it a bit fishy how this Covid "superstrain" seems to have emerged so shortly before a relaxing of the rules over Christmas at exactly the same time as all political parties were vying for pole position in warning against it.

However, the one that does raise eyebrows is how so many cookery programs have significantly increased the number of fish dishes they demonstrate. Whether this is due to trying to reduce our reliance on red meat for health (or even "green") reasons, or as some kind of Brexit statement in terms of getting our fishing fleet back in business, who knows.

Nothing like a bit of healthy apothenia to give meaningful structure to chaos...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Nothing like a bit of healthy apothenia to give meaningful structure to chaos...
Am very wary of "causal" correlations.

But, there are times.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 05:08 PM

I rarely eat fish, apart from prawns that is. Cookery programs I rarely watch apart from The Great British Bake Off. I do like that program.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 05:55 PM

For a minute Dex, I thought this was a thread about Jesus and the fishermen!....😂🤣😅🤪😜😛
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

19-12-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
For a minute Dex, I thought this was a thread about Jesus and the fishermen!....😂🤣😅🤪😜😛
Told you that I didn't really go for conspiracy theories
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 06:25 PM

Told you that I didn't really go for conspiracy theories

Oops!😂 to be honest,this whole Covid outbreak is fishy.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

19-12-2020, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oops!😂 to be honest,this whole Covid outbreak is fishy.
It's the "headline" figures that are reported that raise my eyebrows. No context to them.

Ironically, Trump was partly right. If you want to find more cases, then test more.

The question I have is...why would anyone, who isn't showing any symptoms, go for a test?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 06:31 PM

I think if there was a better variety of fish available in the shops people would eat more.

There is a lot of Turbot in the cookery programmes which I love but like many fish, it is not easy to find in shops and it is expensive.

Herrings and mackerel don't travel well, so unless you live on the coast it is difficult to obtain them at their best.

Farmed fish is widely available but I won't eat it, it is often treated with chemicals to combat sea lice and a poor imitation of the real thing being streaked with fat from being contained and fed artificial food.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 07:10 PM

No one believes my COVID conspiracy, that it’s an alien virus, it’s obviously the fish race of Neptune...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top