Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:20 PM

Question

Would/Have you got a fitted fireplace in your bedroom?

Not the ones that have been built in when you purchased the house or rented it.

I would just like to know if you would or have one?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Re: Question

Built in, never used it but I do like the look of it.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:24 PM

No fireplace in my bedroom, Pauline. There is a radiator - but I leave it switched off as I prefer the room to be cool. However - if I had one of those lovely enormous rooms that you see on TV shows/adverts then I might be persuaded!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Would/Have you got a fitted fireplace in your bedroom?

Not the ones that have been built in when you purchased the house or rented it.

I would just like to know if you would or have one?
None whatsoever as I took the lot out complete with chimney stacks when we bought this house prior to full renovation from the roof to sub floors. With as much insulation fitted as possible together with triple glazing, I am able to keep a good temperature with relatively low heating costs. Also, I really am unable to see the point of an artificial fire of any description.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Now, that fireplace was meant to be there,it looks beautiful,i absolutely love it LD.

I can see you are houseproud,I absolutely love white, I used to find white boring, but it’s so clean looking and brightens a room up no end, my taste has really changed over the yrs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Now, that fireplace was meant to be there,it looks beautiful,i absolutely love it LD.
Thanks Pauline. We were lucky that no one had removed the fireplaces from the house. The previous owner had lived here from a small boy up until his mid-eighties.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-12-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
None whatsoever as I took the lot out complete with chimney stacks when we bought this house prior to full renovation from the roof to sub floors. With as much insulation fitted as possible together with triple glazing, I am able to keep a good temperature with relatively low heating costs. Also, I really am unable to see the point of an artificial fire of any description.

Do you regret taking them out LD?

I must admit I wouldn’t have an artificial fire in my bedroom, if I had a built in one like Long dogs, it would stay because it was meant to be there,it looks beautiful, Artificial ones don’t look the same, imo.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

That is really pretty, Dongles.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-12-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No fireplace in my bedroom, Pauline. There is a radiator - but I leave it switched off as I prefer the room to be cool. However - if I had one of those lovely enormous rooms that you see on TV shows/adverts then I might be persuaded!

Do you have a radiator cover on it ST?

Did you see LD fireplace How beautiful is that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-12-2020, 01:48 PM

LD,do you live in a Victorian house?

Are they the original floorboards?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top