Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 05:56 PM

Britbox

I have just received an email from Amazon congratulating me on signing up for Britbox.

I haven't!

I contacted Amazon using their chat line and asked what was going on, thinking that this had been a scam.

Whilst they were investigating, it appears that Marge had looked at it on our telly, using our Fire Stick, but that was all. She definitely did not ask to download the app.

Amazon agreed to cancel Britbox immediately, for which I was both relieved and very grateful, as it is something I would never use, being owned by the biased and anti-British BBC.

I find it a little annoying that by simply looking at an app, without using it to watch a programme, they assume that you want to purchase it. Apparently, it is free for a month and after that it charges you £6 per month.

No thank you!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Re: Britbox

I wouldn't sign up for Britbox either - a lot of it is repeated crap from the BBC and ITV that you've already paid for with your TV licence and paid-for advertising.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wouldn't sign up for Britbox either - a lot of it is repeated crap from the BBC and ITV that you've already paid for with your TV licence and paid-for advertising.
What's more, it would be subsidising the BBC (now that they are losing so many TV licence payments) which is something I would never do any more than I'd join the Labour or Limp Dem parties.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the warning JBR. I would never sign up for it either.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top