Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Oops! I did it again.

Fell asleep that is. Not at my keyboard this time but half way through texting someone from my phone. Luckily I was laying on the sofa at the time so my phone didn't have very far to fall.

I must get more sleep or get a job in management where I don't have to work so hard.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:54 PM

Re: Oops! I did it again.

Hey LD, what job are you doing to make you fall asleep?

It sounds like it’s very physical, have you had an office job before, I’m intrigued to know what is making you so tired.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hey LD, what job are you doing to make you fall asleep?

It sounds like it’s very physical, have you had an office job before, I’m intrigued to know what is making you so tired.
Supermarket, Pauline. On my feet nine hours per day (a la mask of course). In a previous thread I mentioned how I usually walk about 12 miles per day and in one year could have walked to Albania. I unload and put out the fruit and veg, butters, cheeses etc etc. It's my own fault. I get up at 05:30 but never go to bed before 11:30 at night. Still, I have four days off now.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 04:05 PM

Never a good idea to burn the candle at both ends.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Supermarket, Pauline. On my feet nine hours per day (a la mask of course). In a previous thread I mentioned how I usually walk about 12 miles per day and in one year could have walked to Albania. I unload and put out the fruit and veg, butters, cheeses etc etc. It's my own fault. I get up at 05:30 but never go to bed before 11:30 at night. Still, I have four days off now.

Ah right, I understand why you are so tired, when my son was studying at uni, he had to help pay for the fees as well as me.

Oh boy it was hard word, all those cages as well LD, like you He is very hard working, he often talks about how physically hard it was working at Tesco, I was actually thinking about applying at my local Tesco, I have noticed that they take a lot of retired people on also at Sainsbury’s.

Enjoy your 4 days off, I bet you will still be going to bed late!.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-12-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ah right, I understand why you are so tired, when my son was studying at uni, he had to help pay for the fees as well as me.

Oh boy it was hard word, all those cages as well LD, like you He is very hard working, he often talks about how physically hard it was working at Tesco, I was actually thinking about applying at my local Tesco, I have noticed that they take a lot of retired people on also at Sainsbury’s.

Enjoy your 4 days off, I bet you will still be going to bed late!.
Thanks Pauline.

Sainsbury's are taking on people at the moment ready for the Christmas rush. I have to say they are a very good company to work for, albeit hard work.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fell asleep that is. Not at my keyboard this time but half way through texting someone from my phone. Luckily I was laying on the sofa at the time so my phone didn't have very far to fall.

I must get more sleep or get a job in management where I don't have to work so hard.

Take a power nap when you get home, it's amazing what a power nap can do. I usually take one early evening after work.

Look after yourself, sounds like you are overtired.

You don't suffer narcolepsy do you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:59 PM

I am always nodding off when sitting at the laptop

When I was working, I once came home after a night duty and fell asleep sitting on the bench at the kitchen table, I slid off the bench spilling tea everywhere.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-12-2020, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Take a power nap when you get home, it's amazing what a power nap can do. I usually take one early evening after work.

Look after yourself, sounds like you are overtired.

You don't suffer narcolepsy do you
Not normally but I'll sleep on it and let you know.

No, I think the main reason is that I am no spring chicken anymore that's all and I believe in doing a good day's work.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am always nodding off when sitting at the laptop

When I was working, I once came home after a night duty and fell asleep sitting on the bench at the kitchen table, I slid off the bench spilling tea everywhere.

I know I shouldn’t, it’s the way you tell em!.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top