Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:43 PM

Trade Disruption.

Hi

We are in a mess, with shortages already.

Important to note this all down to Corona, nothing to do with Brexit.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Re: Trade Disruption.

Are "we"?
I see no "mess".
Who here sees any tangible evidence of a "mess" which is affecting them regarding "shortages" because I would be genuinely interested to know?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are in a mess, with shortages already.

Important to note this all down to Corona, nothing to do with Brexit.
Then you should post in the appropriate thread Swimmy??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Are "we"?
I see no "mess".
Who here sees any tangible evidence of a "mess" which is affecting them regarding "shortages" because I would be genuinely interested to know?
Hi

Then you need to read the news, not just the bits that suit you,

Both Felixstowe and Southampton are in a mess.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...os-hammers-uk/
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 01:47 PM

Alas, I don't subscribe to the telegraph and used up my free trial a few years ago.

I love the way that the paper is complaining about it all, especially as it spent years pushing for and advocating brexit in the first place.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 03:13 PM

Why are they leaving food to rot? That is disgusting - it could/should be redistributed to food banks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why are they leaving food to rot? That is disgusting - it could/should be redistributed to food banks.

I agree, Tabs.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-12-2020, 03:58 PM

HI

We cannot move the Containers out quick enough,
As simple as that

This nothing to do with Brexit at all, it is just a failure on our part.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:38 PM

Hi

Then you need to read the news, not just the bits that suit you,

Both Felixstowe and Southampton are in a mess.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...os-hammers-uk/
You've ignored what I asked, Swimmy.

I've seen enough of lies and deception as the result of deliberate misinterpretation, for whatever reason.
As for shipping, when even New Zealand complains of problems during a time of recognized difficulty do not assume that it's just us seeing a few hiccoughs.
It isn't.
Read this:
"For sourcing agents and small businesses in New Zealand that were eyeing a productive holiday season, it’s not happy news. An associate working in the industry told Epic Sourcing that he hadn’t seen anything like it in his 18+ years in the industry."
https://www.epicsourcing.co.nz/post/...ort-congestion

So put asside your bias for a moment and tell me; how has this personally affected you?
Because unless we, the consumer, are negatively impacted you can't really be falling for a headline designed to sell media, surely?
BTW your link clearly says " food could rot on the dockside and Christmas presents may go undelivered"
Not that they are.
But they could.
Just like Santa could bring me a brand new Bugatti for a surprise Christmas prezzy (A nice bow is expected too please) - it could happen.

So far, nobody has said that they have been affected.
I certainly haven't.
So please Swimmy, prove that you're not just moaning for the sake of moaning and tell us how this has personally affected you?

HI

We cannot move the Containers out quick enough,
As simple as that

This nothing to do with Brexit at all, it is just a failure on our part.
No it is not.
Please read the link I posted to see why.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-12-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They aren't.
If you read it, it clearly says "could" - not "is".
I'm not saying that food might not rot on a quayside somewhere but if even our media can't say with certainty that it has then you can be pretty sure that it's just more pap designed purely to help them sell their particular media.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top