Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Negativity Or Positivity?

Are you a person who tries to see the positive side of everything?

Or do you, nearly always, come out negative?

Examples:-

"What did you buy that for?," instead of "Hey, that looks good on you".

"That present you bought me was a bit cheap & nasty"

"Thanks for taking me out for a meal, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

There's a better one of those at...., and it's a lot cheaper"

"Hey, that meal, you cooked, was perfect!"

Always brutally honest no matter what damage is done?

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Re: Negativity Or Positivity?

I do now, but never used to, I think it’s all part and parcel of growing as a person, being in ignorance in areas is quite scary, especially once you come out of your ignorance, which you never knew you were in, in the first place, not until you come out of it!....

I love to be self aware, “Now”....hope that makes sense.

For me there are quite a few types of ignorance,spiritual was a big one for me, plus lack of education, no excuses now, as we all have the internet, biggest encyclopaedia.....

Personally I am far more interested in learning spiritually than anything else.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 01:26 PM

I am usually positive about things but at the same time, l couldn’t lie when asked to give an honest opinion.

For example, when my daughter’s used to ask me my opinion about something they were wearing, l would have to tell the truth. The trouble was, they’d go all upset if l said, l didn’t think it suited them but if they liked it, not to take any notice of me.

In the end l would say, please don’t ask me, it’s best!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 02:00 PM

I tell it as it is. That simple.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am usually positive about things but at the same time, l couldn’t lie when asked to give an honest opinion.

For example, when my daughter’s used to ask me my opinion about something they were wearing, l would have to tell the truth. The trouble was, they’d go all upset if l said, l didn’t think it suited them but if they liked it, not to take any notice of me.

In the end l would say, please don’t ask me, it’s best!
Art, I think that there are some people who can put across a criticism in such a way that the user feels elated, almost like it was a compliment.

That's a rare skill, I suspect.

Also, it's where the criticism gets focussed. "That's a lovely new car, but the seat covers are an awful colour" - just after you spent 20 grand getting yourself a rare treat.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 02:38 PM

I am learning not to take what people say personally, but I still have my moments when I do.

As they say it’s “not what you say”. “ It’s the way that you say it”.....I’m not into all this idiot/ moron, etc, words,but again each to their own.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 03:27 PM

No one I know would ever say things about what I wear or what I did or didn't do. I have a lovely set of relatives & friends. Neither would I say anything detrimental to them either.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I tell it as it is. That simple.
Ditto, except I'm usually very polite about it. I've reached that sort of age where I couldn't give a damn really about what people think of me because, more or less, I've always been a WYSIWYG-type of chap.

While on this subject, I very much dislike how Auntie Beeb's "reporters" say things like, "Today, it was announced that the economy grew by 0.4% but ... e.g. this time last year the rate of growth was 5.4%".
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 04:01 PM

Brummies have quite a cruel sense of humour, which doesn't go down so well where i now live as everyone is so sensitive and can't differentiate between humourous sarcasm (for a fat girl you don't sweat much) and downright nastiness. I'm constantly being ticked off by my pal who sees good things about everyone and everything - and refuses to even discuss anything vaguely distasteful or controversial or "nasty." Even worse, I get the affronted wince and lowering of her voice, as if the police are going to haul us off for being a bit forthright.

I really miss a good old witty back and forth with Brummy mates from years back.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Are you a person who tries to see the positive side of everything?

Or do you, nearly always, come out negative?
No. Some electrons, some protons.........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top