Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:08 AM

Now Tell the Truth.....Would You?

You receive a letter or a card with an unfranked postage stamp on it.

Would you use the stamp again?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:15 AM

Re: Now Tell the Truth.....Would You?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

It has been known ..... years ago in the days of 'lick on' stamps!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:15 AM

Nah! Life's too short to be steaming off stamps. I do know people that do it though and they save a fortune.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:25 AM

Am l right in thinking it’s not legal to use the stamp again?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Nah! Life's too short to be steaming off stamps. I do know people that do it though and they save a fortune.

I agree.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:32 AM

Am l right in thinking it’s not legal to use the stamp again?
Until fairly recently, tampering with the royal mail was a hanging offence. Unless you intend to post a swan to a traitor being held in the Tower of London, I wouldn't worry too much about re-using it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:35 AM

These days I wouldn't bother. But I think I did it in the past when desperate for a stamp. I didn't realise it was a hanging offence
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:45 AM

I doubt that I'd even notice if it wasn't franked. Besides who receives letters with stamps these days?..I can't remember the last time I posted a letter let alone one with a stamp
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:11 AM

Much as I would love to, stamps these days have bits that detach to make it more difficult to reuse them'

Anyway I write and receive so few letters (it is all texts and emails) that it is hardly worth the effort. Most of my received mail is business correspondence with no stamp anyway.

As a pensioner the Post Office already gives me 50 reduced price concession stamps a year which I have trouble using so reusing stamps from letters I don't receive is a bit silly
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Much as I would love to, stamps these days have bits that detach to make it more difficult to reuse them'

Anyway I write and receive so few letters (it is all texts and emails) that it is hardly worth the effort. Most of my received mail is business correspondence with no stamp anyway.

As a pensioner the Post Office already gives me 50 reduced price concession stamps a year which I have trouble using so reusing stamps from letters I don't receive is a bit silly
You are very lucky in that regard then Bruce. Here in the UK at the current cost of 1st Class stamps (76p) that would be worth £38 (nearly 69 Australian dollars), we get no concessions whatsoever. That is other than regular price increases every single year, prices increase to 85p (1.53 Australian dollars?) again soon, I believe that is to compensate for the loss of revenue due to e-mailing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top