Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 06:43 PM

Impulse buying.

My friend told me he had a cross trainer for sale,in great condition.

So I took him at face value, told him to deliver it,he wanted £30 for it...great I thought.

My face dropped when he brought it round, it was an old rust bucket, nevertheless it worked.....I didn’t have the heart to say no, after he had dragged it round to my house, I am now paying £55 to have it disposed of, I can see why he was eager to get rid of it.😂🤣 or should I say drag it round to my house,😂

It has taught me a lesson though.

Have you ever made a similar mistake any stories to tell?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:03 PM

Re: Impulse buying.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My friend told me he had a cross trainer for sale,in great condition.

So I took him at face value, told him to deliver it,he wanted £30 for it...great I thought.

My face dropped when he brought it round, it was an old rust bucket, nevertheless it worked.....I didn’t have the heart to say no, after he had dragged it round to my house, I am now paying £55 to have it disposed of, I can see why he was eager to get rid of it.😂🤣 or should I say drag it round to my house,😂

It has taught me a lesson though.

Have you ever made a similar mistake any stories to tell?
Well, yes suppose I can understand your aggravation but what is a "cross trainer" ?
Excuse my ignorance.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:40 PM

Hard luck. What is a cross trainer,
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Glad it's not just me!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:02 PM

Cross Trainer..to the left of picture,it is now outside,ready for the scrap heap, where it should have gone in the first place!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	10357195-675A-4CCD-A6CD-AB562452E4A1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	14236  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-12-2020, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Minx,I could have 😓 when I saw it!😂
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-12-2020, 09:06 PM

I even tried to give it away,FREE! On a second hand site.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:46 PM

Pauline, Did it work still? If it did, couldn’t you have just given it a lick of paint?

Anyway, don’t fret. I think in life, it’s swings and roundabouts and you’ll get the money back in other ways!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, Did it work still? If it did, couldn’t you have just given it a lick of paint?

Anyway, don’t fret. I think in life, it’s swings and roundabouts and you’ll get the money back in other ways!

I was going to sand all of the rust off,Art,and paint it silver as you suggested, but to be honest it also took far to much of my living space up.unfortunately I don’t have a workout room, like some others, never mind as you say, I have learnt my lesson, even my son said on seeing it, that my guy friend had got it from a tip in the first place, saw his opportunity with me and took it, .

I don’t think my son likes my man friend,😅😂🤣
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I was going to sand all of the rust off,Art,and paint it silver as you suggested, but to be honest it also took far to much of my living space up.unfortunately I don’t have a workout room, like some others, never mind as you say, I have learnt my lesson, even my son said on seeing it, that my guy friend had got it from a tip in the first place, saw his opportunity with me and took it, .

I don’t think my son likes my man friend,😅😂🤣
No wonder, your son doesn’t like this man, he’s a rob dog!

Charge him for a cup of tea the next time he comes round!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top