Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 02:35 PM

What did you get for Christmas then..

Did you get any lovely gifts ?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 02:55 PM

Re: What did you get for Christmas then..

A red purse and a scarf from Adrian, some perfume from a friend, and a book about the Archers from another friend and a plant from a neighbour.. We are having Salmon and veg with new Potatoes today and Strawberries and cream for pudding. Phoebe has had a present from a neighbour, a soft toy which she tried to rip apart. Hope you have a good day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Annie you did very well.
Enjoy your salmon, it sounds an excellent choice of meal to me
Scotsman
New Member!
Edinburgh
Scotsman is male 

25-12-2011, 03:50 PM

A new scarf, DVD's, books a 3 in 1 jacket and things that get you drunk (single malt whiskey) very nice.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 04:02 PM

My daughter bought me a lovely red handbag and a watch and my son bought me a kindle which I have wanted for ages and couldnt afford so Ive been on line looking for free books to download.

Got a lovely scarf and other goodies from my sister and my other sister gave me a beautiful plant which I hope I dont kill and I had money form my mum.

I got Daisy-Mae a toy and she is lying on the settee with it growling at the others everytime they walk by.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 04:49 PM

A lovely cat calendar, pannetone, a bottle of eggnog; Leia got very fancy catnip balls.

Bridie, Amazon has oodles of free and 99¢ books for your new Kindle!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 05:06 PM

I got a new leather Jacket and wrist watch and from my beloved and far to much to eat at Christmas lunch.

Enjoy your pressies and make the best of what you have.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Thanks, dandysmom, I went for a quick look today, trouble is they dont do a description and I like to read the inside cover. I had to ring them because when I tried to order one it said the kindle was registered to someone else. I spoke to a young man with a beautiful southern irish accent, could have listened to him all day. (dont think he would have said the same for me.) Turns out I had two amazon accounts which was what was causing the confusion but hes sorted it now. I have got a few but not had a chance to look at them.

Just to show how dense I am. I ordered one while he was on line to see if it worked then when I got off the phone I said to my daughter that the account he had set it up on still had my old address on so I had better change it quickly before the book was sent out. Thank the lord I didnt say it to him.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Daughter got me pj"s dvd, earings beautiful new apron and other stocking fillers. I feel so blessed.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bridie ->
Thanks, dandysmom, I went for a quick look today, trouble is they dont do a description and I like to read the inside cover. I had to ring them because when I tried to order one it said the kindle was registered to someone else. I spoke to a young man with a beautiful southern irish accent, could have listened to him all day. (dont think he would have said the same for me.) Turns out I had two amazon accounts which was what was causing the confusion but hes sorted it now. I have got a few but not had a chance to look at them.

Just to show how dense I am. I ordered one while he was on line to see if it worked then when I got off the phone I said to my daughter that the account he had set it up on still had my old address on so I had better change it quickly before the book was sent out. Thank the lord I didnt say it to him.
I'm a bit confused about that; here on Amazon US there's always a description and review of the book, even the freebies. When you click on the book, scroll down and you should see it.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top