Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Christmas Eve Saturday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zAZ6...feature=relmfu

The wind is blowing, the skies are crying and the thermostat has not bothered to get up yet, yes it is a cold winters morning (but at least my head is clear now). Not a creature was stiring on our walk this morning and the farmyard was as quiet as a church, their beds must be cosy and warm.

Nothing planned for today except a clean up as we missed doing it yesterday. Lunch will be at home and consist of Gammon, new pots and veg before we have an afternoon of relaxation.

Have a quiet and peaceful day everyone before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bid96fVUs&ob=av3n
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Re: Christmas Eve Saturday

A very good morning to you all on this frosty Christmas Eve.

All the shopping and wrapping and preparing now done, so an easy day planned for today before a house full of visitors descend on us tomorrow lunchtime.

Have an enjoyable day today if you can and hey, let's try to relax a little, we know we deserve it.

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 09:58 AM

Good morning! "Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse".

Don't ask what I'm doing up before 1:00 a.m.. LOL I don't really have a sleep schedule these days. I went to bed at 8 p.m. last night so I got a 4 hour chunk of good sleep before getting up. I'll certainly try for another 3-4 after I finish here.

I've been reading Christmas email greetings from all over the world this morning. I've met folks from as far away as Switzerland in my routine travels that still keep in touch for the holidays. It's sort of cool that we can do so with such ease thanks to the internet. I keep a regular collection of Christmas cards on hand that I've made from my photographs for just such occasions.

No plans for today actually. I need to stuff gift bags with small gifts and seasonal tissue paper in preparation for tomorrow's holiday celebration. I'll be joining my friend, Warren, for a drive to his parent's home for the festivities and delicious meal. I do so enjoy their company and really appreciate their accepting me as one of their family.

God bless you all this Christmas season! - Bob Mielke

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Morning Bob and All and hope Christmas Eve will be a good one for each one of you!

Still loving those links Bob! Many thanks for the cheery ones you have posted up ove the run up to Christmas so far!

Take care all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 12:01 PM

A very good morning fellow members a mild breezy day and I am taking full advantage of it to get lots of washing dry.

I was supposed to be having the twins today but decided against it because of a chest infection.

I think this Christmas will stand out as the one where I had no taste, smell or voice . It could be worse I am snug and warm and have abundant supplies of home made soup .

Have a pleasant day everyone...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Good morning everyone! an overcast sky but the clouds are high and looking like the sun may break through later.

No special plans or preparations to do today as we are at our daughter's house tomorrow for the day. My busy day will be next Thursday when all the family come to me for another feast

I hope all the poorly people will feel better soon and those who have to spend Christmas Day in hospital can enjoy the day as much as they are able.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Good morning all, it's gone very cold since yesterday but not too bad a day for the time of year. The house is quiet today with the wife going about checking everything will be right for the big crowd of family tomorrow, I dont know how she does it, but she's great at coping with a lot of people together, maybe it has something to with being an usherette in a cinema in her younger years, anyway if they dont mind their manners she wont be long about yelling at them
I'll be off to wish my old friends happy Christmas and give a little present to the publicans wife Mary who prepares all the pub grub and looks after us all, bless her heart.
lovely photo of the crib Bob, we have a very small one in the front window lit up.
Enjoy your Christmas folks.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Hi everyone its been a busy day cooking for me. Have made some pate which is now chilling in the fridge and also some shortbread which is currently baking in the oven. Then I'm doing a cottage pie for this evening. I always find Christmas Eve an odd time for food as you are thinking about tomorrow but still need an evening meal today.

Hope you all have a good day.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 04:09 PM

I am sooo excited!! Three of the grandchildren round this morning, jumping up and down all talking at once and the other two on the phone at 7.30am this morning 'it's christmas eve nanny'. Everything is done, our front room looks like santa's grotto, everything ..... until my scatty daughter tells me she can't find the two girls' christmas stockings. None in the shops. So after this I am cutting up a pink blanket to make them a couple and will sew on motifs, snow and their names. I love Christmas
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Hi everyone. Beautiful day here, brilliant sun, little wind, a bit after 11 AM and more seasonable: 5℃ (39℉) It definitely will be a green Christmas. No news, no particular plans, just a lazy paper and crossword afternoon.

Bob, what a lovely manger picture. Meg, hope you'll feel a little better by the Day, and I too am thinking of the poorly people and animals.

Enjoy the day, all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top