Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 09:46 AM

Shopping done Wednesday

Good morning everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGAqz4dLHuw

As usual at this time of the year the darkness is with us on our moring walk with only the glare from the moon lighting the area which looks very ghostlike as the shadows of the leafless trees cast there shadows across the ground, a solitary Blackbird wanders the lane looking for food as the hoot of an owl breaks the silence, even the farmer has not started his milking yet and the milk tanker arrives around 8:00am.

The weekly shopping is done which means no more visiting of shops until after Christmas, Tescos was packed this morning, a hot mug of coffee is sitting on my besk and is accompanied by two large Barmcakes ( for the uninitiated, they are like very large Teacakes) filled with Bacon slices which will feed me until lunchtime. Lunch is to be at home and will be made up of Steak pudding, Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas followed by a relaxing afternoon with Mr Hennessey and a book.

Have a great day everyone and remember to buy this it is for our lads and the proceeds go to the British Legion and the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association.

http://www.youtube.com/user/military...istmas%20songs
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Re: Shopping done Wednesday

Good morning Bob and all else to follow. Great links Bob, and how refreshing to have a pleasant song at No.1 over Christmas for a change, rather than the plastic commercial dross usually turned out by the "Stars"...

Had a great time at the panto yesterday, it was only the theatre full of children that spoilt it..don't they have schools to go to.....

Only plans today are doing the housework and cleaning whilst Mrs PM concocts all sorts of confectionery in the kitchen for our neighbours and friends, but hopefully she will need my assistance to roadtest them later....

Have a great day and hey, lets be careful out there.....

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Good morning all a lovely morning here mild with sunshine.
The first load of washing is drying on the line with a second to follow shortly.

I have got another bad cold and chest infection caught from the children I guess.
I was up early and got lots done including home made soup for lunch so something to look forward to later.

Have a pleasant day everyone ..
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Good Morning, Bob, Barry, Meg and All Rain - lovely rain was on all night and all vestigage of snow has gone!! I am a happy chappie and so is Loki! We both enjoyed a lovely long walk yesterday, we were out walking for about 3.5 hours!! Big smiles on our faces when we got home!

Waiting on a friend coming up and then I need to take Loki out and then go into Paisley to M&S for some messages - need food for Xmas and next week!

Oh Meg I hope your cold/chest infection clears up - stay indoors and stay warm - a wee hauf would do you the world of good

Love those links, Bob, and I intend to get the 2nd one - as you rightly said, it's for such a good cause. Bless them all.

Hope everyone enjoys a good day today, whatever you are doing and whatever the weather.

Take care.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Good morning all, still fairly warm but dampish, not a nice day really, it's the type of weather for catching all sorts of infections. Another exhausting trip to the pub at lunchtime to meet more old mates, then force that horrible black stuff down my gullet, God!, if ever a man suffered...
AB, we have a dark kind of fruit cake at halloween over here called Barmbrack, the wife loves it, I'm not mad about it.
Meg I'm sorry to hear your not 100 per cent and I hope the infection clears up very quickly, take care.
Mind how you go Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Hello everyone!

It's a grey morning here, dry and very mild for the time of year .... 12ºC

Had to call into Sainsbury's earlier for fresh(?) fruit and veg and was surprised at how quiet it was in there. No shoppers with trollies around ladened to the top, in face it was just like an ordinary day. The assistants had already started dismantling the "Seasonal" aisle ready to restock with sale items for after the big day.

Meg, I'm so sorry you have another infection, you are getting more than your fair share of cold and coughs this winter. I hope you start to feel better soon and that it clears for Christmas.

Enjoy your day all and take care...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Thanks everyone the same thing happened last year, one infection after another.

Still I am not grumbling , i'm thinking of Uncle Joe who will be having his operation today...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Yes, Uncle Joe is in my thoughts too, I hope the operation goes well for him.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 03:58 PM

I'm just sitting here in my favorite booth at McDonald's reading the good morning well wishes. It's good to have a morning routine that includes folks from all over the world.

I received a surprising email from a couple from Switzerland the other day that I met on the returning train ride from San Francisco in August. It was my pleasure to treat them to breakfast in the the dining car along with my traveling companion in my seat. She was headed to Hood River, Oregon on a well deserved vacation. It's nice that the couple thought enough to track me down to say hi. I had given them my contact card with address and email information.

Part of my morning routine includes reading at my table here. I gone through quite a number of books doing this over the past year or so. I use either my Kindle or iPad to do all my reading. The cost of electronic books is so very inexpensive I can indulge myself in this area.

I pray that you all will have a pleasant day as we approach what will be a busy holiday season.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-12-2011, 04:05 PM

Bob, how nice that the Swiss couple you met on your vacation took the trouble to get in touch with you For many folks, once their holiday is over, they often forget friends that they have met.

The Kindle and iPad are so useful for reading, especially when you are on the move. I have a few books on my iPad but haven't got round to reading them yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top