Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 12:39 AM

Time for a Break

We finish at work on Thursday at 4.30 p.m. for the Christmas and New Year break.

Total luxury! Chill-out time at long last. Won't be going back until 4 January so guess what I'm going to do? NOWT but just relax!

When batteries are re-charged I'll be like a new woman! I couldn't give up working.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:48 AM

Re: Time for a Break

I bet you're looking forward to your well-earned break Mollie.

I enjoyed working, but had to give up to look after Mother. I miss the social side of it too. Still, mustn't complain eh?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:52 AM

I certainly am looking forward to it lass. I do enjoy being an integral part of the company I work for and I do grump on the odd occasion, but I love it really and it would break my heart if I had to stop working. Blimey, I'm part of the furniture having worked there for 28 years, but I do need the break.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 03:35 AM

I was so so glad to stop working! Thirty nine years in my job, then 4 in the job before retirement; could hardly wait to get out of the rat race! Enjoy your well deserved break, Mollie.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Looking forward to a nice poem or two then Mollie, enjoy your break.
I retired 13 years ago and I too felt like a new woman at the time, but the wife wouldn't let me
Have a great well earned break.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 09:53 AM

Your lucky Mollie I don't finish until lunchtime Friday and have to go back Wed - Fri next week. Its our busiest time of year so don't get any extra time off.

Just think of the money and get on with it. Its one of the reasons why I don't like Christmas as well.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 10:51 AM

Just found out that we are leaving at lunch time on Friday but we are back for the three days inbetween christmas and new year. dont mind as i prefer my holidays in the summer months.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 05:26 PM

I hope you enjoy the time off Mollie. Do you all go for a drink when you split up for the holiday?, we always did, and no shop talk allowed, I remember one fella wouldn't stop talking about not getting promoted and someone poured a pint over him!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I hope you enjoy the time off Mollie. Do you all go for a drink when you split up for the holiday?, we always did, and no shop talk allowed, I remember one fella wouldn't stop talking about not getting promoted and someone poured a pint over him!

We used to all congregate in a nearby pub Jem but, as one of our oldest electricians is retiring proper as of tomorrow, there'll be a buffet and drinkypoos. Missus Mollie won't be drinking though because she'll have to drive home.

The reason I won't be back at work till 4 January is because I've saved a week's holiday entitlement for the Christmas break. Most of us do that, but there will be on-call electricians over that period.

Wrinkly, don't know if you've read my poems yet, but I haven't written any for a long while now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Hope you enjoy your long Christmas break, Mollie...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top