Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 11:39 PM

Gridlocked

I honestly don't understand people at all. Christmas Day is on a Sunday this year so the shops will be closed for just one day and yet the roads have been gridlocked today.

Going to work I eventually came to the set of lights where I thankfully turned left, but to turn right to go into town there was a tail-back of at least two miles.

Even part of the M6 was shut-down because of extra heavy traffic.

Why?
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 11:48 PM

Re: Gridlocked

I know its crazy. We went to Costco today. OH wanted to pick some photos up he'd ordered to be printed & it mas mad in there - trolleys piled high with all sorts of stuff.
Morrisons near us usually closes as 9pm but all this month they have been opening at 7am & closing at 11pm. The staff are absolutely shattered with all the extra hours they have to do & they havent been busy after 8pm.
I expect the M6 was busy with folks going to the Trafford Centre. I wouldnt go there at this time of year if you paid me
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 12:15 AM

Well it honestly beats me as to why people buy in bulk for the sake of one day. Why not just add an extra few things starting in November, then just buy fresh veg, milk, bread and meat as a last resort?

Gawd help us if they brought rationing back!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 11:43 AM

There was a accident on the motorway yesterday morning Mollie, and all the trafffic was coming through Wigan, that's why it was so bad
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Went to Tesco yesterday and it took me 25 minutes to get of the car-park.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 02:25 PM

They will then spend most of next year paying off their credit card bills Its mad
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 03:59 PM

It would certainly be interesting if rationing returned, if only for this dopey mad christmas nonsense to be curtailed. Imagine, all them fat overweight buggers having to get their ration books stamped. Oh Bliss!!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

20-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Not too bad round here, Sunday's snowfall had melted enough to get down to Burnley to do our weekly shop that owing to the ice did not get done on Saturday.The thick fog was a bit nasty though.
As for the shops, not many about at all really but we were out early so could have avoided whatever rush there was.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 05:23 PM

A friend asked me to go to The Trafford today ,no way ,it isn`t far but I`ve got what we need .
If we haven`t got everything we can jolly well do without .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

20-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer ->
A friend asked me to go to The Trafford today ,no way ,it isn`t far but I`ve got what we need .
If we haven`t got everything we can jolly well do without .
Very wise, lass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top