Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 06:10 AM

Good Morning Saturday.

Hi

Good Morning all.

A terrible week for me, but looking forward to today.

I have Sabina coming at 7 to do the cleaning and gardening, which will be good.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 06:22 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday.

Good Morning Swimmy and all who follow.

We have a good old fashioned November fog here this morning and it is several degrees warmer than yesterday.
On my way home from my C19 test yesterday I stopped at the butchers - bought a large gammon joint. Going to boil it this morning - use the water as a base for soup, use any fat to make fat balls for the birds, then coat the rest of the joint in a mixture of lemon juice, honey and cinnamon, and finish it off in the oven. That should keep me quiet for a while!

Have a fun day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 06:32 AM

Good morning to you both and to all to follow later.

The fog is as thick as pudding here too, a real pea souper, but hopefully it will burn off later for some autumm sun to break through.

Just a take it easy pottering around sort of day for me, but for a little excitement later I may finish splitting and re-planting my rhubarb.

Take it easy Swims, hope your week improves.

That ham sounds good Tabby, if you need any help with it then just let me know..

Have a pleasant day everyone
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 09:19 AM

Morning everyone

Another day another lockdown

I' ordered a food mixer from Amazon yesterday...i said I wouldn't buy another as my last one which I had had years was an all singing and dancing Kenwood Chef ....it was stolen from my last house when we were burgled...anyway I said I wouldn't get another as the kids were gone and I didnt need home baking.....but in this lockdown I thought ok I'll bake for Christmas and make everyone Christmas cakes.....the fruit is soaking in brandy and sherry as I type....just hope it turns out OK and Mr Amazon turns up .....thats the diet busted too

Have a good day all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:07 AM

Good morning everyone a bright cold day but not as much frost as the 2 preceding days. I would like to clear up leaves but they are too wet yet.

I have washed a load of dried fruit and it is drying on trays in the cold oven ready to make a batch of mincemeat, I have already used 2 litres in mince pies. With 5 children and 2 adults a batch of mince pies doesn't go far.

Enjoy your day
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:43 AM

Good morning everyone, Have a good day, you all sound very busy. Take it easy though, Stay safe and well. God Bless.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:57 AM

Good morning all no frost, no sun, no rain, no wind, no traffic, just an eerie feeling in the air, not a soul in sight and you can hear a pin drop. Very strange!

Ironing done, now to decide what to do next...

Enjoy your day everyone
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:14 AM

Good morning Swimmy, Good morning everyone.

Quite misty here this morning in Shropshire. Felt a bit chilly so
treated ourselves to a freshly baked crusty roll filled with lean bacon for breakfast instead of our usual cereal and toast. Yum! ddelicious, especially with a dollop of HP sauce. Almost forgotten how good a bacon roll can taste.

Not much happening today. HWMO is putting up two new kitchen cabinets so I am as good as banned from MY domain today.

Stay safe please everyone, have a good weekend.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Morning everyone

Another day another lockdown

I' ordered a food mixer from Amazon yesterday...i said I wouldn't buy another as my last one which I had had years was an all singing and dancing Kenwood Chef ....it was stolen from my last house when we were burgled...anyway I said I wouldn't get another as the kids were gone and I didnt need home baking.....but in this lockdown I thought ok I'll bake for Christmas and make everyone Christmas cakes.....the fruit is soaking in brandy and sherry as I type....just hope it turns out OK and Mr Amazon turns up .....thats the diet busted too

Have a good day all
I'm looking forward to receiving that cake, Summer!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 12:07 PM

And a big HELLO from Foxy's world....

Manage to survive the rocket and grenade attack last night (at least that's what it sounded like) Maddie the cat has finally left her hideaway under Mrs Foxes chair and proceeded to have her breakfast, so unless the garage has burned down we seem to have come out unscathed.

Although it's a very thick fog (only just managed to find the Tesco this morning!) it seems to be warming up nicely for tomorrow's long run. I get some funny looks running in the fog in shorts...... If I don't check into the forum in the morning, it will be because I lost my way in the fog and will probably have reached Tabby's house in York...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top