Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 07:59 PM

We Are Living In A Precarious Time.....

....... when none of us know what’s around the corner. So is it making you look at things differently or are you carrying on regardless?

I have changed a bit and l am spending money like it’s going out of fashion! Anything l fancy... l buy!!
Hence, l had steak tonight and my cupboards and fridge are
full of luscious foods.

Well?...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Re: We Are Living In A Precarious Time.....

... carrying on regardless, chin up & all that

or so I thought. Until I find I've got £ms in the bank. What is there to spend it on? What are we allowed to spend it on?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 08:58 PM

I'm a spender, I love to spend but during the last lockdown I barely spent anything and now I've got spare money in the bank so right now I'm looking for a new dining table and chairs and I can't make up my mind which one to buy.

We are also savers, I did the penny challenge all this year and so far we've saved almost £500, I bagged it all up in plastic money bags from the bank the other night, it took ages, sorting out all the different coins but I'll be damned if I'm going to give that coin star anymore of my hard earned cash.

In Tesco the other night, in the clothes department there were snazzy, dazzly and glizty Christmas clothes and I'm thinking, hmmmm who's gonna buy those, we might not even be able to go out anywhere!

Have I gone off topic? Sorry if I have.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm a spender, I love to spend but during the last lockdown I barely spent anything and now I've got spare money in the bank so right now I'm looking for a new dining table and chairs and I can't make up my mind which one to buy.

We are also savers, I did the penny challenge all this year and so far we've saved almost £500, I bagged it all up in plastic money bags from the bank the other night, it took ages, sorting out all the different coins but I'll be damned if I'm going to give that coin star anymore of my hard earned cash.

In Tesco the other night, in the clothes department there were snazzy, dazzly and glizty Christmas clothes and I'm thinking, hmmmm who's gonna buy those, we might not even be able to go out anywhere!

LQ, You haven’t gone off topic at all.

I received a £5 voucher from Tesco for their clothing line if you want it! Ha!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:08 PM

Carrying on as normal (as much as possible that is)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Carrying on as normal (as much as possible that is)
How can you be doing that? You is not normal
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:30 PM

How can you be doing that? You is not normal
That's true, I just think I is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:30 PM

What is that, Queenie?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-11-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What is that, Queenie?

I think it is when you strip naked and place a penny between your knees. Then you have to pass it around using just your knees and not be left with it when the music stops. is that correct?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:38 PM

I can't think of a single thing to do that is safe anymore, except, perhaps go fishing.

Clearly, C-19 is here to stay. One hell of a miserable way to spend our last days.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top