Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 04:32 PM

The Police

Hi

Worked with them for many years, been retired for a while.

What a difference, I met two of the new breed a couple of days ago, so politically correct it was so very different.

I was the victim and had sorted it

No violence, just a statement of what would happen if they continued.

They where more bothered about the rights of the perpetrators than my rights.

I will never trust them again, which is a very sad thing to say, but such is life.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Re: The Police

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What a difference, I met two of the new breed a couple of days ago, so politically correct it was so very different.

I will never trust them again, which is a very sad thing to say, but such is life.
It's about more than being politically correct, it requires a PC to be ready and able to face public humiliation at the hands of our legal friends.

On one side you have a young chap who has been taught some rules, on the other side you have someone who has spent years, getting a qualification, and who gets highly paid for bringing down the evidence against his client.

A PC can spend hours putting his case together only to find that the lawyer & the "Judge" ensure that the perp gets minimum pain.

Sensitive people would be wise not to join the Police.

Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 05:54 PM

Hi

The trouble you have there given your health is it worth it?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 06:39 PM

Hi

The world has changed. Learn the new rules and play by them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 07:02 PM

Hi

Good grief, Swimmy, whatever happened? You should be careful of your stress levels following your heart attack!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 08:11 PM

Hi

I haven't trusted them since 1972 when a friend and myself were beaten up by the bastards when walking home from a local rock concert. They were trying to make us hit them back so that they could arrest us, no doubt to boost their arrest rate. We weren't that stupid so stood there and took the blows.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Hi

I take it THEY rang the police then and not you?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:27 PM

You see I look at the police in a different way to me they are my friends in times of emergency or need . I brought my children up to think the same . If you are lost or hurt ask a policeman/woman they will help you . I see them as my friends . I follow them on Facebook. They are my first port of call 999 . I am appalled and shocked how they are treated when I see documentarys on TV, being spat at , fought , knifed and killed . Their job is protect the innocent and help us . I respect them .

My best friends son has been an officer 20+ years . He has been badly affected by his life in the force , a decent living lad who now cant wait to leave and retire from the force .

Who would do their job? I would hate my son or daughter to be a police officer they see the worst of life . They are my friends who will help me or mine in an emergency
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 10:14 PM

Susan, I think there are good and bad in any job, and always some that are more helpful than others.
Having said that, I am sure some people's attitudes get right up their nose.
In all fairness though, I have never had a problem with police.

However, I did have an unpleasant and worrying time involving the police two or three years ago.
The first PC was worse than useless, did nothing, and was no help whatsoever.
Later, after I put in an official complaint, a smashing Inspector came to my rescue and sorted 18 months of worry out in about 3 weeks flat.
He was brilliant, lovely man, and I'd never have managed without him.

I think there must be a reason for those who can never get on with police though - like maybe their attitude and how they speak to them?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 10:58 PM

Mups , I suppose its like anyone doing a job , some dont offer their best and that's a shame , however I'm glad you found an officer to sort it .

I struggle when I hear the police called pigs or other horrible names . I'm amazed we have new officers who want to be recruited , they join the force to help protect the innocent and keep law and order . I know there are good and bad in all walks of life , but where would we be with out them . Some may think my thoughts outdated but it's how I feel . What they see and experience on a daily basis must be horrendous .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top