Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Rocking Monday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsthP5AONzc

Wet, dark cold and quite a miserable looking day. None of mother natures creatures are awake so the walk this morning was filled with nothing but our own voices and the wind blowing through thr ghostly sahapes of the leafless trees.

We have made plans for today which will consume our energy, we had decided to look for things not to do so that we can leave them for another day. Lunch will be at home with a home made broth, sprouts, carrots and green beans followed by a fairly large Brandy and a afternoon similar to the morning.

Mags our neighbour is recovering very well and is out walking each day, unfortunately another neighbour who lost his wife in August collapsed and died on his way to the doctors for a check up( RIP Ron ) on Friday and his dog is now looking for a new home.

Have a great day everyone and start getting in the mood by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPuRA1rZuTA
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Re: Rocking Monday

Oh, how sad! What tragedy in your neck of the woods! I do hope the dog finds a loving home, it must be awfully bewildered with it's carers both gone. i do hope your neighbour Mags continues to improve in health! It is 3.20 p.m. here nearly the end of the working day (office) for me, was up at 4.30 this morning, doing some gardening at 5, then brekkie cut lunches and off to work! Mid 20's today getting up to mid 30's by end of week. Lovely out this morning, hearing the magpies, crows, doves and solitary kookaburra greeting the new day! Makes a nice change from all the noise at work! Have a lovely relaxing day indoors!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 09:16 AM

Good Morning Bob, MM and Everyone Glad to hear about Mags, your neighbour, is out walking but sorry to hear about your other neighbour, Ron. RIP. I do hope his dog is found a good home in time for Xmas, bless it.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today. Still very icy up here - horrid! Bring on the rain - Soochie my African Grey parrot is saying it is raining at the moment and it's cold!! PJ is singing to the Jingle Bell Rock, Bob! Many thanks for those two cheery links!! I like Billy Idol!

Take care all.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Good morning all
Not a very nice day here today very frosty first thing and now it is raining, think i will curl up with a good book, and make some more soup later, my husband requested a mushroom soup yesterday, it may have started off as a soup but ended up as more of a stew by time we had cooked the beef and put the bits into it. Was lovely though with crusty bread.
Enjoy your day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 01:06 PM

Morning everyone not a day to venture out, cold wet and grey.

I have baby sitting after lunch so am rushing to get all my jobs done first.

Have a pleasant day however you spend it
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Fine rain here too, got three of the grandkiddies and Dizzy the bonkers dog all day while their mum and dad work. They're being good as gold and making me umpteen christmas cards and I am shattered already
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Hello everyone!

It looks a miserable damp and gloomy day outside but at least it's not so cold as of late.

Had a date with Mr. Dyson this morning, 'he' was pretty good and finding all the odd little bits of tinsel on the carpet.

AB, I'm very pleased to hear your neighbour has improved and is able to take walks now. What an awful shock about your other neighbour, Ron , so soon after losing his wife too I hope his dog will find a good home soon.

Take care everyone...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Good morning all. It's clear, dry and a bunch warmer this morning at near 43F, 7C with the high predicted at just 45F.

Christmas shoppers are going bonkers this year spending copious amount of money compared to the previous two years. Online shopping has risen dramatically. I, on the other hand, have spent the least on gifts in my life. I've had to change my way and gotten creative, with hand made gifts of love.

America rejoices as our troops are returning from Iraq before Christmas. I won't be satisfied until all our sons & daughters are back at home.

Have a great day and think of those serving their countries overseas during the upcoming holidays.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Bob, I'm so pleased that all your troops will be home from Iraq for Christmas this year ...... it will certainly be a happy one for their families.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I'm so pleased that all your troops will be home from Iraq for Christmas this year ...... it will certainly be a happy one for their families.
This is one time where I never tire of seeing media coverage of a story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top