Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 09:21 PM

A sentimental time.

I'm always having a go at the Wife as some of you know, but the truth is I really am nuts about the old girl and I know the feeling is mutual. you don't have to be Perry Mason to know when someone talks a lot about the one they live with they usually hold that person in high esteem. We've always had a friendly verbal go at each other since we met 50 years ago and the day it stops will be a sad day for both of us, it keeps us alert and ticking along nicely, she never fails to give me a laugh almost every day. We have been through some tough times but we always stayed together through thick and thin. I suppose I get a bit sentimental at this time of year, do you?. So I'll raise my glass and toast my best Woman in the world, long live the Dragon!.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 09:33 PM

Re: A sentimental time.

What a lovely thing to say Jemflux. You both have something special which has stood the test of time, through thick and thin. Quite an achievement, I think.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:03 PM

That's such a lovely thing to say, Jem. It's obvious you and MrsJem were made for each other and have that something very special together.

May I wish you and your dear wife a very happy Christmas with many, many many more to come.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:45 PM

It's a lovely thing to say and it speaks volumes when you aren't afraid to share those feelings with others.

I get sentimental as well at this time of year, but for the people I've loved and lost.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:47 PM

So you are an old softy after all Jem (thought so).
I think what you have said about your lovely wife is magic, you are both very lucky to have found each other. To feel this way after fifty years is a precious thing.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 11:04 PM

What a nice tribute to a lovely woman, and how nice that you can come right out and say it ... some men are just so inarticulate about emotion. Great that you found one another and have been happy together all these years!

She got herself a keeper ...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 11:19 PM

Jem, that is such a lovely tribute to your Wife, and I wish you many more happy years together
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Jem if you can still have a laugh together after 50 years that says a lot .
I raise a glass to both of you, here's to the next 50 years
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 12:01 AM

What a lovely tribute Jem to your wife I wish you many more years of happiness together.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2011, 08:20 AM

That is very thoughtful of you Jimmy and I wish you both well.

It is sad these day to see people not enduring the ups and downs of marriage and there will have been quite a few in your 50 years so here's to many more happy years for you and your ' Dragon '.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top