Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:25 PM

And the winner is...

Have you ever won a contest, competition or prize!
I once won a dance competition when I was 16. My prize was a huge bottle of bubbly (which I could not even drink!)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Re: And the winner is...

Yes, but nothing major. My Daughter has won two cars & a holiday cruise.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That sounds pretty major.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:37 PM

When I belonged to an allotment in London a few years ago I entered one of my kohl rabies and joked 'this is one of my prize winning specimens' to other entrants.

Imagine my surprise and shock when the judge turned to me at the end (with the kr having won for best in that group) and said 'now young lady, I think you'd better put that camera down' as I'd been taking photos of winners, and one of my neighbours a fellow committee member took it from me, as I stood there, hand to mouth, shaking and crying! It was a vegetable, for goodness sake, but I did get a certificate, a trophy with my name on it, and to have the winner's trophy in my possession for a year.

And many years ago I won £500 at bingo. That was amazing!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Blimey! That’s way more than I’ve ever won!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 08:38 PM

I once won a drawing competition at a holiday camp. I was about 13 and walked it - easily beating all the five year olds that had entered. I won a pack of coloured pencils.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

03-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
When I belonged to an allotment in London a few years ago I entered one of my kohl rabies and joked 'this is one of my prize winning specimens' to other entrants.

Imagine my surprise and shock when the judge turned to me at the end (with the kr having won for best in that group) and said 'now young lady, I think you'd better put that camera down' as I'd been taking photos of winners, and one of my neighbours a fellow committee member took it from me, as I stood there, hand to mouth, shaking and crying! It was a vegetable, for goodness sake, but I did get a certificate, a trophy with my name on it, and to have the winner's trophy in my possession for a year.

And many years ago I won £500 at bingo. That was amazing!
How lovely! A prize for a vegetable! I could do with £500
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

03-11-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I once won a drawing competition at a holiday camp. I was about 13 and walked it - easily beating all the five year olds that had entered. I won a pack of coloured pencils.
So you can draw! Post some pictures
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

03-11-2020, 08:42 PM

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Won a couple of jiving contests at the youth club when in my teens.

£50 for a short story.

Entered one of my cards for a competition in a Craft Magazine - won £300 worth of craft supplies

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top