Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Blue Eyes Anyone?

Read in the paper yesterday, that they are developing in California, a laser type instrument to change the colour of your eyes from brown to blue. Its in its infancy, but the makers hope to have it operational in a couple of years. Apparently only 8% of the world's population have blue eyes. As, ahem, one of them chosen few, I wont' be needing the op.(not that I'd want it!).Seems a bit daft to stick a laser in your eyes, just for a change of colour. Mind you, mine are more bloodshot than blue these days! Anyone fancy being blue?
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:15 PM

Re: Blue Eyes Anyone?

So, John we blue eyes are to be known as the 8%'ers? Bit like the outlaw motorcycle clubs which are known as the 1%'ers!! Mine are blue by birth, the only blue bit about me!!
Why would anyone want to change their eye colour that way? You can buy coloured contact lenses. Also, I think blue eyes would not suit some people! Crazy world!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:21 PM

No, I wouldn't like to have blue eyes, although I've nothing against them. Mine are very dark brown and I don't think I'd look right with a different colour.

Blue contact lenses won't go over brown eyes as the brown is too deep apparently but, if that were possible, I'd give it a go just as a fashion accessory!

Oddly enough, I don't know many people with brown eyes.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Here's your brother John, sometimes when I come home from the pub the wife calls me Union Jack Eyes, red, white, blue, and crossed.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:26 PM

I've got blue eyes, and even if I hadn't, wouldn't have any sort of treatment to change them. Wonder whatever next they'll come up with!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:27 PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to change their eye colouring it usually goes with the colouring of ones hair and complexion .

Another here with blue eyes who won't be needing the laser.

Apparently only 8% of the world's population have blue eyes
I though blue eyes were not at all unusual in our population which has a lot of fair haired people .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:31 PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to change their eye colouring it usually goes with the colouring of ones hair and complexion .

Another here with blue eyes who won't be needing the laser. I though blue eyes were not at all unusual.

Neither did I. Now, if they were offering purple eyes like Elizabeth Taylor, I might be tempted as long as I could revert back if I didn't like it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:32 PM

I have blue eyes as well! My Dad had blue eyes and my Mum had brown eyes, when I was a child I always wished I had her brown eyes ...... I'm happy with what I've got now though
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:34 PM

I've got hazel coloured eyes and have no wish to change them.

Like others have said, why would you want to change the colour?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:42 PM

I have hazel eyes but would never consider elective surgery at all ... I am a wimp. I do think blue eyes are beautiful but I think that gene is recessive: my Mom of German/Irish heritage had light blue eyes; Dad was English/Irish with hazel eyes and I got the hazel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top