Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Gone recently :(

We may be able to keep this thread going to mark the passing of 'significant personalities' - guess they'll all be some sort of show-biz/media folk?

So, this week
Mary Travers the female part of Peter Paul and Mary
Iain Cuthbertson large, bluff, Scottish actor,you'll know him if you google image if you can't place the name
Troy Kennedy Martin (what a great name!) writer of ZCars and so many great TV and film memories, including The Italian Job, The Sweeny and the wonderful and under-regarded TV Edge of Darkness.

all at a decent age, so RIP the lot of them
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Re: Gone recently :(

Remember the two D-M and seeing the name of the third --''Carpe diem'' -that's what I say
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:11 PM

Ian Cuthbertson is gone what a shame, he was a fine actor and starred in many films and TV shows, I can't remember a particular one but the name "Budgie" rings a bell (pardon the pun).
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:13 PM

I don't remember reading or hearing anything about him going till I read a web-obit, but 9th September, apparently, aged 79.
Sutherland's Law is the series I've been trying to remember - was he not Procurator Fiscal ... or maybe they just used that term a lot and I fell in love with it?
Yes - Budgie too
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:25 PM

What a shame, they awere all great people in their on right.

I used to love watching Z Cars when I was young, I used to have a terrible crush on some of the policemen ..... William Gaunt for one. Remember Fancy smith played by mad Brian Blessed.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 04:39 PM

I was saddened by the loss of Mary Travers: had a sort of retrospective session last night playing all my Peter, Paul and Mary CDs.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 05:26 PM

Michael Jackson - The King of Pop!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
We may be able to keep this thread going to mark the passing of 'significant personalities' - guess they'll all be some sort of show-biz/media folk?

So, this week
Mary Travers the female part of Peter Paul and Mary
Iain Cuthbertson large, bluff, Scottish actor,you'll know him if you google image if you can't place the name
Troy Kennedy Martin (what a great name!) writer of ZCars and so many great TV and film memories, including The Italian Job, The Sweeny and the wonderful and under-regarded TV Edge of Darkness.

all at a decent age, so RIP the lot of them
Sad to see them all go but Mary in particular
I think you associate certain music with a particular time in your life and revisiting that time can be quite painful. Some of Mary's songs remind me of a first love ....

Not all 'associated music' is quite so painful 'Puff the Magic Dragon' was one of the songs I used to sing to my son to get him to sleep. It was always on 'Children's Favourites' on Saturday mornings too.
dinahsmum
SW England

16-11-2009, 01:40 PM

Edward Woodward just announced
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Edward Woodward just announced
Oh dear, . . I liked Edward, . . his long running series Callan was great, . . another film I liked was Breaker Moran the Auzzie soldier executed by us in the Boer war.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top