Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 09:54 AM

Would rather be at home lol

Thames Cruise,London, £105.00/Person
Tucking into a three-course dinner with turkey as the main event and pulling crackers might sound as traditional as they come but the difference with this one is you’ll be cruising down the River Thames past the sights of central London and Greenwich to the Thames Barrier and back while you’re eating. The cruise leaves Westminster Pier at 12:30pm and gets back at 3.15pm, and there’s a welcome drink included and cash bar open throughout.
would you pay this much for christmas day lunch!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Re: Would rather be at home lol

no way would i spend that amount of money on a meal out even at Christmas, i prefer to be at home with my family round
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:24 AM

No thanks cruising down the Thames in mid winter is not my cup of tea neither is turkey
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Although the idea sounds nice I would always be thinking about what i could buy with all that money, you could gets lots and lots of treats that will last you for weeks.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Jean, there is one advertised in our local paper: 3 days, 2 nights stay at a four star hotel, 2 dinners & breakfasts. The cruise is on New Years Eve on the Thames, and drinks are extra I believe. This one comes in at £269.95 per person, which I thought was a bit pricey, although it does include your return coach travel to London. Your one is way on the high side too. Best to stay indoors, because at the moment, its bloody freezing outdoors.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:28 PM

Bit pricey for me Jean......... I'd have to take hubby which would mean it would cost £210.I'd rather put that towards our summer hols or the winter utility bills......Bah Humbug !!!!....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 01:06 PM

I've been on an enjoyable cruise down the Thames but it cost nowhere near that price! Mind you, a Christmas lunch wasn't included Why is it they inflate the charges at Christmastime? I suppose everyone involved is rewarded for working at holiday rates!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 02:07 PM

I'd rather sit in the bath with a glass of wine and a mince pie
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Once I finish work I rarely go back into London for pleasure at any time so it wouldn't appeal to me. A bit pricey but it is London so you have to expect that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I'd rather sit in the bath with a glass of wine and a mince pie
I'll join you Cassie,,,,oh, figuratively speaking of course....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top