Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Deja Vu Wednesday

Good morning people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUvgU...eature=related

Dark wet windy and cold, just a bit of Deja vu especially as none of mother natures creatures were up out od bed again.

The Christmas shopping is done, apart from the fresh stuff, and it took ages, the store was overloaded with people rushing about, all this before they normally get up as well.

Plans for today are crucial as we have to baby sit most of the day, yes, the fireside needs our constant attention as does Mr Hennessey and Mrs Bailey. Lunch is at home Fish and chips with a serving of Mushy peas followed by a afternoon of more baby sitting.

Have a great day everyone and remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLuW8joOge4
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Re: Deja Vu Wednesday

Morning Bob and all who follow.

An ill wind here this morning of around 20 knots with 2 deg. on the thermometer, so it feels like minus 10... Just having coffee prior to doing a few odd jobs, but the fire will be lit before long and along side it is where I will be for most of the day thereafter methinks....

Enjoy the day folks,

Barry
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:22 AM

Hi!
Have a great day!! I like the idea of your visitors, Mr Hennessy and Mrs Bailey too!
I would like Mr Walker to pay a visit, dressed in black!
Thanks for the link to the video, our son is coming home for Christmas and our darling girl, Miki, should be well enough to come home as well!!
I am just home from work and going out to give the plants some liquid fertiliser!
cheers!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Never got much sleep during the night because of the galeforce winds and heavy rain battering down! Being on the top of the gable end of the building makes it worse! I thought the roof would be blown off! It felt worse than last week but one good thing is - no snow!!

Thanks for those links, Bob! More guid yins

Enjoy Wednesday everyone.

Take care.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:30 AM

It was a bit brighter today, didnt have the winds that we had yesterday.
Apparently we had snow, ice and bad winds last night as there was a major crash on the motorway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 10:35 AM

Good morning all who pass this way
I grey raw day here in Worcestershire one of those days when staying under the duvet with a good book seems inviting.

Going to make some mince pies this morning which should make the house more cheery with spicy christmas smells.

Enjoy your day everyone....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Good morning all! I'm up too early even for me. I might lie back down once I'm finished with this. I got up at 2:39 in the morning.

It's still pretty cold this morning at 27F, -3C. The high today will only get to 40F, 4C with clear skies. There's a chance of rain tonight through tomorrow.

It's back to McDonald's for me this morning. The theme for Christmas gifts this year seems to be McDonald's gift cards. I've also gotten two jars of jelly, one homemade. It's nice that we exchange small gifts. Nobody can afford a lot but it's the thought that counts.

Today was Social Security day where my month;y check from the government arrives in my checking account. It sure seems like forever between checks. I don't borrow from Peter to pay Tom so It's like getting a blood transfusion when it arrives. I can breathe a little better financially. Life in retirement is good.

Have a great day all! Watch out for each other and be well.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Good morning all, windy but dry here today. Nothing to do again today except potter about the place, the wife's sister is coming over with the annual Christmas pudding she makes for us, so I'll have to get offside for that, think I know where to go.
Enjoy the day Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Good morning all

It's a very chilly day, 2ºC, we had the first few snowflakes fall earlier, they didn't last long and soon turned to freezing rain.

I'll be spending the day doing Christmassy things, I'm beginning to get the Christmas spirit now (no UJ, not that kind of spirit!)

Keep warm folks!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Hi all! It was sunny earlier, but the clouds have rolled in and will stay around all day, but at least it's milder: a bit after 10:45 AM and up to 9℃ (47℉) which is nice. Warmer in Winter is always nice! I got an e-mail of approval from the insurance people for Leia's last vet visit with the promise of a check on the way; and, when idly browsing FAQs on the site discovered that her meds are covered! Woo hoo! So another claim form going in; that was a pleasant surprise!

Glad the awful winds seem to have subsided a bit; hope everyone can relax and enjoy the day, whatever your plans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top