Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 08:12 AM

Stormy Tuesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9o7QSIJL10

Very dark, very wet, very windy and very cold, not a creature was stirring on our walk this morning which was shorter than normal due to the inclement weather.

Plans for today are to go and have the thatch trimmed and then stay by the firside with a book

Have a great day everyone and look around the corner and you'll see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLTGpHvlLU
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Re: Stormy Tuesday

Good morning AB and all who follow

Same here - wet, very windy and cold. Not a day to be out in for too long.

AB - Do you really have a thatched roof? or were you referring to your head

Take care everyone and enjoy your day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Good Morning Bob, Berxer and All Strong winds a'blowin' ow'er moorland an' mountains up here today!! Just hope the snow stays away from where I live, although it is on the east coast, I believe!!

Love those links, Bob. Many thanks!

Take care all and enjoy today.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Top of the morning to you all.

After a stormy night we now have bright sunshine and 3deg. Out with the dogs shortly and then finish sweeping the leaves from the drive, there surely can't be any more to come.... Bacon eggs and fried spuds for lunch then relax with a book methinks for the afternoon....

Have a great day yourselves.

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Very Dark, Very Windy, Very Dangerous driving to work this morning. Driving though huge puddles at the side of the road that you could not see as there is no street lighting down the lanes that i drive.
Parked the car, went for a coffee to have a nice start to the day and then daylight came through and the day began.
No it wasent 6 am is was 8.30 am the day did not want to start i think it wanted to stay in bed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 01:08 PM

A belated good morning fellow members my DIL came over with the three babies so rather a hectic morning

Brrr it feels much colder today in the strong wind and for once I wish I didn't have to take Chloe for a walk. The wind causes my eyes to run and this makes it difficult to see where I am going .

Keep warm and have a pleasant day everyone .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 01:19 PM

An early good afternoon to everyone

It was an awful wet and windy night, got up this morning to find my cherry tree had blown over I have it growing in a huge pot and it's too heavy for one person to move, so it must have been a really strong wind to blow it over

Then a couple of hours ago, we had the worst hail storm I have ever seen, it thundered down ........ the roads and gardens were completely white as if we'd had a heavy fall of snow. Very cold wind outside and just reaching 4ºC.

Enjoy your day and keep warm and safe everyone...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Good morning folks. It's 22F, -5C here this morning, quite cold for this area. Still, there's no precipitation in the forecast so we might see some sunshine. We're over 5 inches behind in our normal December rainfall. It's a very unusual Winter thus far.

We're running out of shopping days to guarantee delivery of gifts in time for Christmas. Yesterday was the biggest shipping day of the year. This next weekend I'll need to start thinking about wrapping the few gifts I have to give out, even Jack's Chia Cat Grass. LOL

Have a great day and stay warm.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning folks. It's 22F, -5C here this morning, quite cold for this area. Still, there's no precipitation in the forecast so we might see some sunshine. We're over 5 inches behind in our normal December rainfall. It's a very unusual Winter thus far.

We're running out of shopping days to guarantee delivery of gifts in time for Christmas. Yesterday was the biggest shipping day of the year. This next weekend I'll need to start thinking about wrapping the few gifts I have to give out, even Jack's Chia Cat Grass. LOL

Have a great day and stay warm.

That's my favourite photo at this time of the year, Bob ...... thanks for posting it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Good afternoon all, it's very windy here, but nice and sunny. Nothing to do today after all the excitement yesterday, just laze about I suppose.
"An early good afternoon to everyone", I love it Mags, very original, you can't beat originality.
I love that fireplace too Bob, thanks.
Enjoy the day Folks and don't be blown away with Christmas bargains.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top