Join for free
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-12-2011, 06:42 PM

A Bird for Christmas

Stuck for something different to get his wife as a present a husband decided to go to a pet shop and buy a bird for Christmas. He knew she loved animals and birds in particular so this would do the business and be the perfect gift for her.
Off he toddles to the pet shop and asks the manager if he has anything special in the way of birds. The manager tells him that in fact he does, " It's an American bird named Chet who sings"

The bloke is very interested and asks to see Chet. The manager brings him over to a beautiful bird and tells the husband that this is Chet. The husband asks what is so special about him and the manager tells him that Chet can sing, and that he'll show him. The manager then takes a cigarette lighter out of his pocket and lights it a few inches underneath Chet's right foot. Chet begins to sing, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way ... "

The husband says that it was great and asks,"Does Chet sing anything else?" So the manager then lights his lighter under Chet's left foot, and Chet begins to sing, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know ... " The husband is very impressed, certain that his wife will absolutely love this bird, so he buys Chet.

He brings the bird home and presents it to his wife as a Christmas gift. She is very happy and says the bird is beautiful. The husband tells her that the bird can sing, and he takes his lighter and lights it beneath Chet's right foot, and Chet begins to sing, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way ... " The wife is thrilled and asks if he can do anything else. The husband then lights the lighter under Chet's left foot and Chet begins to sing, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know ... " The wife is overwhelmed and asks, "What would happen if you put the lighter under both of his feet at the same time?"

The husband says that he doesn't know, but they could try it. So the husband puts the lighter under both of the birds feet and the bird begins to sing,............................ "Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire"
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 06:46 PM

Re: A Bird for Christmas

Hammer, that is so cruel
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 08:07 PM

Hmmmm not very funny but I do envy you the way you can type all that and no mistakes.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 08:52 PM

. . . . .
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Hmmmm not very funny
Sorry Annie, it did look a better joke when I typed it up but maybe not so clever, I was only trying to lighten a gloomy few days up,........honest.

What about a couple of daft ones to make up for it?

Why does Santa always go down the chimney?
Because it Soots him.

What do you get if you cross Father Christmas with a duck?
A Christmas Quacker.

Ok, I'll get me coat.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2011, 03:48 PM

No Hammer, stay..... those last two were funny. So was the one about Chet really. Just hated the thought of the poor little thing's feet etc being burned. Probably why I loved your Krill jokes, I imagined them as real you see. Time I got my coat ..........
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

13-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Probably why I loved your Krill jokes, I imagined them as real you see.
Oh but they are real, Kris Krillian and his good lady Kristine are really nice folks not a bit crabby like some of their relatives. So are the little shrimps, Kristin, Kristopher and of course the latest addition, the young fry, who has just been named Colin!! No, not really she has been named Megan-yctiphane in line with generations of the order.

Why even old Elvis was a big supporter of the Krillian civilisation. I am told he had an epiphany on the set of some crap film he was making and wanted all his future releases to be renamed, like Krissin Kousins and Krill Kreole.

Anyway back to the plot and I promise no creatures were harmed in the telling of this appalling joke.

A Russian couple were walking down a street in St Petersburg last night when Ivan felt a drop hit his nose. " I think it's raining" he said to his wife." No, that felt more like snow to me," she replied. " No, I am sure it was just rain," he said.

Like a lot of couples and as these things go, they seemed to be heading for a mighty ding dong over whether it was raining or snowing. Just then they saw a minor communist party official walking toward them. "Lets not fight about it" said Ivan, "lets ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing."

As the official approached, Ivan said " Tell us Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"

" Its raining of course," he answered and walked on. But the woman insisted: " I know that felt like snow!" To which Ivan very quietly replied..........."Rudolph the Red knows rain dear!"
maryl
UK

13-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Where do you get them from? Love it :0
That mouse that was driving you mad? Forgotten his name, is he still about?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2011, 12:36 AM

ha ha very good Hammer

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top