Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:11 PM

A bit sad for me today

When I started this job some 10 months ago, a new housekeeper started as well, she has the same sense of humour as me and we got on really well and could have a laugh and a joke together a real change for me as I spent the last 30 years on my own in a van talking to myself, so it was nice to be able to interact with colleagues but especially her, now I know what you’re thinking, but it was nothing like that, she was the sister I never had, well today she left, partly because the head housekeeper is a little s##t, but she also has family problems, several of the housekeepers have left because of said s##t, and the damned irony is that she announced yesterday that she is also leaving, timing eh? , so we’ve promised to keep in touch and maybe as a group of us could meet for coffee, but you know what usually happens these friendships fizzle out over time but it won’t be the same at work anymore as the others, even though I get on with them ( except little s##t, glad when she goes) it won’t be quite the same, it’s not like me but I’m quite emotional just writing this, such a shame she’s gone...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:19 PM

Re: A bit sad for me today

Aw that's sad Alan let's home someone equally personable
takes the place of the Housekeeper who is leaving.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:22 PM

Lots of persons deserted their posts for a myriad of reasons, it happens, folks go off on tangents, lets hope the Bench of final analysis can accommodate said folks, when the time is right.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:23 PM

Thanks meg, thing is the main cause of all the problems with them is the nasty piece of work that is the head housekeeper, if she’d only handed her notice in earlier, the others wouldn’t have left and maybe not my friend..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:56 PM

Primus, why not just tell your friend that the nasty one is leaving?
There might be two options then -

1. Your friend could re-apply for her old job once the other one has gone.

2. Would your friend be suitably qualified to re-apply for the head job herself?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

2. Would your friend be suitably qualified to re-apply for the head job herself?
^^^^^^

This
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:07 AM

People come and go in our lives don't they its difficult if it's someone you had a connection with...sometimes it doesn't do to get too attached especially in a fluid work situation.

How lucky were you though Primus to find a job you fitted into so easily after years in your last job...dont let this situation spoil that for you. Someone else will take her position and maybe he/she will be just as nice.....I hope so
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:50 AM

Life is a training course, in the art of "Interpersonal Bob and Weave".
Primus1
York

04-09-2020, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Mups, she knew about the hh handing in her notice, but I’ve just found out she has family issues, the new job she is going to doesn’t involve any weekends, better for her situation, if things improved she may come back as she loved it there
Primus1
York

04-09-2020, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
People come and go in our lives don't they its difficult if it's someone you had a connection with...sometimes it doesn't do to get too attached especially in a fluid work situation.

How lucky were you though Primus to find a job you fitted into so easily after years in your last job...dont let this situation spoil that for you. Someone else will take her position and maybe he/she will be just as nice.....I hope so
Yes summer, I enjoyed my last job up until 2015, when we were sold to the new company, funnily enough I’m still in touch with someone still there but is desperate to get out, even the guy’s who replaced those of us that left are trying to get out..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top