Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 12:07 AM

Are You Impatient?

Or, do you allow things to flow over your head?

I mentioned this in another topic which was probably the wrong place, but today I expected an operative to service my central heating boiler, which I pay well for over the year.

The window today was between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. but I'd already alerted my bosses that I might not make it into work because of this, or I would at least be late. I don't take time off unless it's absolutely essential because - no work, no pay.

Sorry, but most of my stories are long so I'll try to keep it short. At 2.15 I phoned the company and explained to the lady that he still hadn't been. I was transferred to a very nice young man who said that the person was "running late."

Well, it was hardly surprising because the guy told me when he arrived that he'd been given the wrong work sheet so he'd been all over Lancashire when he should have been assigned to Wigan, putting him four hours behind, and he was most apologetic.

The point of my story is this. There was a time when I would have read the riot act to the company and played merry hell with them because I'd had to lose a day's pay, but I remained calm (probably because of my meds) and it wasn't the bloke's fault.

The stinker in this story though is that, when I phoned the company to ask where the engineer was, the nice young man having said he'd look into it, "confirmed" my landline number - which was 20 YEARS out of date!! On originally booking the appointment, I told the young lady my current number. So! What CAN one do?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Re: Are You Impatient?

In answer to your question, I'm impatient, wish I could let things just flow over my head.

In your case, the Company was at fault - no organisation within - not the guy who came to do the servicing, he just follows orders from the 'top'.

On the other hand, if you were to phone the Company and complain, you're the one out of pocket through paying for the phone bill!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 01:42 AM

'Twas a free-phone number that I phoned. I can't believe how calm I was with the company but like I said, it was probably because of my meds, as I'm not allowed to get stressed out any longer.

I truly felt sorry for the bloke because he lives in Blackburn, was sent to Southport which is approximately a 40 mile drive, only to be told he was in the wrong place, so I knew that he'd have a do at them himself on his return.

Oh my stars, in my time I have let loose grand style on various different companies for their mistakes.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 02:21 AM

Not so bad then, being a free phone number

I've had my fair share of complaints too. Most of them have been in letter format and written 'tongue-in-cheek' - and the responses I've had, in my favour, have been money-off vouchers and even a cheque, for my troubles.

Don't do the complaints thing much these days though......must be mellowing (ever so slightly) in my ageing years.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-12-2011, 02:25 AM

That's the problem with the British though lass, they don't complain when they've every right to. I too am mellowing but, if it demands a complaint, by heck I make it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 03:11 AM

I tend to accept things as they happen now, have gone past the impatient stage. If something crops up it will be sorted in it's own time without me getting stressed about it.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 10:35 AM

I would always complain to the Company personally to give them a chance to improve quality of service. If no-one complains how will they know there is room for improvement. But then I am my father's daughter in this regard. He was a great letter writer when ever he had a grievance and usual got a result in his favour.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 11:17 AM

Impatient doesn't really describe it pacing up and down tearing my hair out would be a better description though I am better than I used to be having mellowed with age.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 03:50 PM

I am more impatient now than I was when I was working.

I can not stand inefficiency from anyone, I do not put up with salespeople who think the customers are fools and as for taking 'experience ' advice from still wet behind the ear knowalls I just say it as it is and if they think I am harsh or unkind thats their problem not mine.

I had a discussion with a British gas advisor who was saying that I 'have' to pay more each month for their service. My reply was ' Who is the customer ' but sir you need to raise your monthly payment for the gas service that you recieve, sunbeam, look at my account, you owe me £284, get me your manager. Needless to say what the outcome but I would like to bet that the young salesperson does not try to raise his commision that way again.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 04:48 PM

I'm much more tolerant as I've gotten older; it has to be pretty bad for me to get really irate these days. As Mags said, not worth getting my blood pressure up! Once I could get really wound up and let them have both barrels (mixed metaphor there!) and write a blisteringly sarcastic letter; just too much bother now. Que sera, sera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top