Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:43 PM

Cerebral Observations

Fellas.. is it just me?

Sat down with Mrs Dex to watch a slightly complicated TV detective program. Halfway through the second episode my wife paused the show at a fairly key "cerebral" moment with the following observation:

"You see that coat she's wearing? I almost bought one like it in Asda yesterday which had been reduced fro £23 to £18".

Not the first time (and won't be the last) that she makes such insightful comments.

Is it just me??????
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:49 PM

Re: Cerebral Observations

Its reverse with me Dex, the wife loves modern detective stuff, but, it is so complicated I yearn for the ad breaks, for some normality.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:49 PM

Dextrous, Please run that past me again.... Am l right in thinking, your wife has sole control of the remote control?

This must be a first. How ever did she wrench the remote out of your hand. Aren’t remote controls usually welded to men’s hands?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 11:20 PM

It sounded an eminently sensible kind of observation to me Dex .. I wish I could be like that.

I usually wait for a quiet bit or the advert breaks and ask Mr M ... Is it just me or can you follow the plot? What's it about?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 06:51 AM

This thread made me laugh Dex...I'm always rewinding if I spot something that interests me and its usually nothing to do with the story...luckily I'm usually on my own watching tv
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 07:44 AM

But Dex .....

I know exactly what she means
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 07:55 AM

The key to solving these complex detective programmes, is observation, observation and more observation.

Full marks to your wife.............
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 08:30 AM

Thank you ladies (and spitty) for your comments.

Art - with regard to the remote control, I do usually have hold of it due to the fact that in spite of several years practice when watching TV by herself, my wife doesn't seem capable of using it properly and goes all round the houses to find something when a single button would suffice. She also has a habit of putting it "in the crack" between the reclining part of our sofa which means that I'll invariably end up on the floor trying to retrieve it from somewhere in the metal gantrywork

Lindyloo - unfortunately my wife's skills of observation are such that having watched an wntire episode of Columbo, she still has no idea "whodunnit"
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 11:22 AM

We often rewind programs to check on pottery and china as we deal in that line.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thank you ladies (and spitty) for your comments.

Art - with regard to the remote control, I do usually have hold of it due to the fact that in spite of several years practice when watching TV by herself, my wife doesn't seem capable of using it properly and goes all round the houses to find something when a single button would suffice. She also has a habit of putting it "in the crack" between the reclining part of our sofa which means that I'll invariably end up on the floor trying to retrieve it from somewhere in the metal gantrywork

Lindyloo - unfortunately my wife's skills of observation are such that having watched an wntire episode of Columbo, she still has no idea "whodunnit"
You are not alone Dex, Donkeylady has similar traits !!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top