Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Sunny Saturday [NOT!]

-Morning [couldn't use 'Good'] --here in the east it is windy -cold and a cloudy start to the day. Hey-ho onwards and upwards
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 08:30 AM

Re: Sunny Saturday [NOT!]

Well its been a blustery night here. I'm glad we came home yesterday. It wouldn't be nice to tow the caravan in the wind.

We had three beautiful days at Skelwithfold, near Ambleside. It was warm enough for sitting out and short sleeves. I love the Lakes at this time of year. The colours were wonderful. I would post some pictures but can't get photobucket to work. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 10:04 AM

It's a bit blowy here, and the temperature is certainly dropping, but it's dry and there's faint hints of sunshine.
Hope Moli had a safe and smooth journey to Houston yesterday - the news is just reporting that all transatlantic flights are grounded because of air traffic problems at Shannon. Good thing she went yesterday.
I'm on my own till tomorrow night. Still housebound - the legs aren't working for going downhill but fine walking up. Not a lot of good unless one has access to a ski lift! More physio on Monday.
Have a good day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Had a text from Moli last night, she has landed safely in Houston

It's a wet and windy morning and the temperature has taken a dive....... I'm missing the balmy Autumn days already. It's been so long since I last used my umbrella I thought there may have been moths in it!

Been shopping, now enjoying a cappuccino and catching up here.

Have a good weekend everyone.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 01:08 PM

Good afternoon all

Its cold and breezy here today and we have had a shower.

I am just back from work, it was manic, we have started taking bookings to see Santa. Queue was out of the building at 9.20, the first person to queue got there at 7.15 (we don't open until 10am) the two weekends closest to christmas booked in 1 1/2 hours. Thank goodness that is over for another year!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 01:43 PM

G'day all, . . what a storm that was last night, . . it's still blowing and I heard they had to stop the windmills in case they fell to bits.

Horrendous rain, . . parts of the area area flooded.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Hi all, gorgeous Autumn day here, blue skies and warmed to to 22 degrees already before lunch. About time! No news here, did my Saturday library run and a bit of grocery shopping. Just a lazy afternoon planned with the papers, crossword and forums.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:26 PM

Today is totally different, . . we have wall-to-wall sunshine and a slight breeze but I can live with that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top