Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2011, 12:07 AM

People not giving way/queues (split from sticky thread)

I'm annoyed at how some teens think they have the right of way. I've had to step aside to let groups of them pass or risk being knocked over. No respect for adults at all it seems.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Re: People not giving way/queues (split from sticky thread)

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I'm annoyed at how some teens think they have the right of way. I've had to step aside to let groups of them pass or risk being knocked over. No respect for adults at all it seems.
Yes Annie darlin' - I can empathise with your point - I also have a 'BIG' problem with cyclists who think they are entitled to ride on the pavement, notwithstanding our council have spent £thousands on building cycle tracks which these self same cyclists refuse to use. I'm thoroughly p***ed off with them!!!!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 04:09 PM

No offence to anyone, it is not just young people who can be really rude. I was standing in line in a coffee shop yesterday, there was a man about 55-60 behind me, just ordered something and walked straight to the front to pay, I would ask the people in front of me first would they mind...before I jump the queue!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
No offence to anyone, it is not just young people who can be really rude. I was standing in line in a coffee shop yesterday, there was a man about 55-60 behind me, just ordered something and walked straight to the front to pay, I would ask the people in front of me first would they mind...before I jump the queue!
Jean!!!! Should have turned round and told him to wait his turn in the queue!!! He wouldn't have got past me if I was there!!!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 01:30 PM

I stood in Matalan the other week and the queues there are weird, they have a service desk with two tills and the ordinary tills and people queue along the back, we all stood along the back in a long queue and they opened a new till and someone just walked straight in and got served Its a wonder he wasnt linched. How have they got the nerve apart from anything else, that was a young bloke, I have to say.

If my posts look odd, my h is sticking after me chucking my dinner all over my keyboard so sometimes its not there.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top