Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Sunny Sunday

A very good morning to all and sundry forumeers who pass by this way....

Clear blue sky now after a wild and stormy night, but no structural damage as far as I can tell...

Off to Hardwick Hall today (only 5 miles away) for a walk around the lakes and then lunch at the inn with my eldest daughter and her family, which we have been looking forward to, so we're glad the weather's going to be OK....

Have a smashing day yourselves if you can...

Barry
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Re: Sunny Sunday

Good morning Barry and all who follow

Where did that wind come from last night? Still, all nice and calm now, with the sun trying to show its face.

Spent yesterday sewing Alfie's toys up (had a little collection of them to do), now he doesn't know which to play with next, he does love to play with them and toss them in the air flinging them across the room.

Enjoy your day everyone
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Morning all, very windy here the morning, have the landlord calling at 12 today to check on the outside of the house, there is a few jobs he needs to do. Daughter has a 2000 word essay to finish off for tomorrow, we might later get to the farmers market for a hour or so, other than that, all is quiet here.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:26 AM

Good Morning Barry and All Another very wet and very windy day here! Yesterday was a complete washout!

Hope everyone will enjoy a nice, peaceful Sunday whatever you do.

Take care.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 12:05 PM

A lovely sunny day here which is nice after the gales of yesterday and overnight.

Walked Bonnie on marsh this morning which after yesterday's high tide when it was submerged, was very squidgy to walk on

Thought I was going to have a quiet day today but the kettle lid is faulty and the only way I can open it is with a knife so debating whether to go into Carlisle which is over 10 miles away to get a new one or whether to manage with saucepan until Tuesday when I have to go there anyhow for Tessa's next acupuncture session, decisions decisions

Hope you all enjoy your day with family walks, landlord visits, dogs playing with toys
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Morning everyone, beautiful day here too after yesterdays madness. We have a visit from our landlord. I am going to be a chicken.

We were told no dogs when we moved in but I pleaded for our two little dogs and the landlady who was letting the house for her brother discussed it with her mum and agreed we could have the two little ones. I was going to rehome my boxer. When it came to it I couldnt do it so we sneaked him in and I was going to say to her next time she came round that if I couldnt keep him he would have to be PTS and play on her sympathy but the actual man who owns the house is back from abroad and has never seen the house because his sister bought it for him (long story) and wants to see it.

Well, Keightley my boxer isnt keen on men and bites their bums so he has to be sneaked out and hidden for the visit, I darent risk it. So today is mad clean up day and fingers crossed day.

Hope everyone else has a good one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 01:55 PM

A belated good morning all on this beautiful winter day. The sun is shining and it is still mild.
I wasn't able to shop earlier in the week so went this morning , it feels very strange to shop on a Sunday.

I am now trying to catch up with the ironing and baking now

Have a lovely day however you are spending it.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 03:40 PM

When I was first married we lived in London and my husband was in the metropolitan Police Force. He was attached to Battersea. We lived in aground floor flat and I missed the dog at home so much I went to battersea dogs home and got a dog. I went for a spaniel but came home with a retreiver who had been taken in becaust its owners were old and couldnt look after her. Whenever the landlady came round I had to shut her in the kitchen so she wouldnt see how big she was,her neice lived in the basement flat but never told her Aunt about Lassie.What we do for a dog!.Good luck.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 05:09 PM

Good afternoon all, it's a nice sunny day today after the storm last night, I thought the house was going to blow away. My two grandson have just left and there's only herself and me relaxing here.
The wife made some scones yesterday Meg and she brought them out to me on a plate, no knife and fork, just a hammer and chisel.
Bridget I hope you get away with it, fingers crossed for you.
Ya all have a good day now ya hear!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi all! My, it does sound rather gale-ish there, I hate bad windy nights like that. Sunny now, nearing 11:15 AM and 16℃ (60℉); it's unusually mild for November, made the 60s℉ for the 8th day in a row. This would have made me happy when I was paying the heating bills! All's quiet here, just downstairs for mail and grass, another lazy paper and puzzle day. Broiled rainbow trout, spinach and potatoes rissole for dinner ... and some more of the chocolate pie!

DL, hope all goes well with the landlord's visit!

Enjoy the day ... the Solstice and the increase in daylight is less than a month away!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top