Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:12 AM

People on their own

Hello, just a quick question,this supposedly being a forum for the over 50s, I can see a few of us being alone, this being Friday, what are us lonely people doing, for myself, I have just finished of a bottle of a nice Cabernet sauvignon, what have the rest of you been doing, (its not so pleasurable on your own though)hic sigh
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:22 AM

Re: People on their own

Aitch, I've just replied in the Health & Fitness section in the Were You Born Between ..... thread, which may be of interest to you.

I've been on here most of the night and I've been sampling a few glasses of wine. I've also been catching up with my soaps so that I don't miss owt 'cos am nosy!

That's pretty much how I spend most of my evenings.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 02:54 AM

Hi aitch! No problems being on my own, I enjoy my own company. Finished dinner, did the washing up and settled down here, checked my e-mail and other forum and about to sign off here too as it's quiet. I'll play a bit with Leia (cat) if she's in the mood, then settle with my book and a beer and some cheese and crackers before watching the 11 P M news and then to bed. That's my usual routine;probably sounds stultifyingly boring to many but suits me just fine. I like the comfort and stability of a routine, doesn't suit everyone but it does me.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 10:31 AM

I never feel alone!! I have two parrots and my lovely Loki for company and good neighbours as well! I enjoy my own company - always have done, even as a child!

I have loads to do in here and I go out a lot as well, mostly with Loki, for long walks.

I spend time on my pc on forums and enjoy that as well. I read a lot. I watch my soaps as well - oh and the jungle one as well

Aye, I like my own company and never feel alone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:14 PM

First, let me say there's a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. I have lived alone for over 15 years and have not been lonely. After a third horrible marriage ended I became quite content living alone. I used to dread having to go home to the witch and remember my stomach flipping every time she'd arrive home. There are worse things than living alone.

Being a sociable person I joined a senior coffee clutch at McDonald's. I sometimes go there every morning at 6:30, sit, eat breakfast and enjoy a very good cup or two of coffee. As my senior friends start arriving I greet them and begin the various conversations of the day. We solve the world's problems on a regular basis.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 04:31 PM

I live with my daughter who is a bit of a nightmare, she is very stroppy and treats me like a doormat which is my own fault I know but when she goes out and I have the house to myself I love it.

I usually spread out on the settee with the dogs and read a book or I find a lovely film on the TV (or my favourite Waltons) and just wallow in the peace. Last night she went out so I went to the shop and I got a big tin of roses, a packet of mince pies and a golden syrup pudding in a tin. Probably just as well I dont live on my own all the time, Id be the size of a house, lying on the settee eating. I love tootling round in the garden too and taking the dogs out for walks then coming back and putting my feet up for a cuppa.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 05:05 PM

I said it on another thread but will repeat: anyone with a companion animal, a love of reading and a computer isn't alone, and certainly doesn't need to feel lonely!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 08:43 PM

When my husband worked away on off for 2 years I hated it
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Just been reading and I was wondering if you should eat cheese at night Eileen, I thought it kept you awake or gave you nightmares.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

26-11-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Just been reading and I was wondering if you should eat cheese at night Eileen, I thought it kept you awake or gave you nightmares.
Been eating it as a snack for years with no nightmares; it's true I do have trouble getting to sleep some times, but never noticed a difference when I'd been out in the evening and to bed cheeseless. I do enjoy my late night snack while watching the 11 PM news. But thanks for thinking of me, Annie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top