Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Dog attack

last night my 13 year old grandaughter was at her friends home sitting on the settie petting there dog
when it lunged in her face it bit her face and scarched all her nose good her moms a nurse
I was bite a few years by a doberman pintcher at work not a lot of fun
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Re: Dog attack

I was bitten badly as a child by a German shepherd; had to start the rabies shots till the police located it and found it had had its shots. I've never felt comfortable about dogs since.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Oh lass I hope your grand-daughter is alright. That's a terrible shock for her.

I said it then, and I'll say it again, that the Doberman who bit your leg a few years ago should have been put down, especially as there were three young children in the house.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:16 PM

Sorry but it has to be said... never leave a dog and child together, no matter how lovely they are, the child could easily hurt the dog and naturally it will bite back.Its the owners fault.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Aparanty it was a small dog
she was lucky it was not on her eye
as for the doberman it was protectiing the kids
as i was pushing the little boy on the swing he was yelling yipee
must have thought i was hurrting him
i dont blame the dog at at all was just doing what comes naturly for him
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:28 PM

I've never been involved with dogs at all, but I have to agree with Annie that children shouldn't be left alone with any dog, no matter how lollopy and friendly they are normally.

As you say, a child can unwittingly hurt or scare a dog and its only means of defence is to attack but, if that dog has known you for a while, then turns on you, then the dog is dangerous.

Dogs originally came from a species of wolf so their capabilities for causing harm is greater than that of a domestic cat but, having said that, I was attacked by Billie before we became friends and that was because he misunderstood my advancement of affection for aggression.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:56 PM

Whatever pet you have it can turn and there are so many children hurt by people not thinking.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Unfortunately, that is so true ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 07:07 PM

When my grandchildren were small I wouldn't leave them alone in a room with my cat. Even when playing with her, she can give a nasty scratch without realising it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Dogs and children (especially younger children) can be unpredictable especially when together, so it is simple common-sense to supervise. The vast majority of dogs are no threat and would rather retreat rather than retaliate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top