Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:30 PM

And another one bites the dust!!!

Have been somewhat busy of late - providing advice and representation for a person who was unfairly sacked from their job. With the assistance of a Conciliation officer have settled this matter before we reached a Tribunal hearing with a substantial cash settlement for my client.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Re: And another one bites the dust!!!

Well done Joe, no better man!.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Well done with the unfair dismissal case Uncle Joe. Let's hope they can get another job pretty soon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Well done Joe, no better man!.
Thank you Jim matey, - this was one evil little s*it of an employer who, subsequent to my client's dismissal was prepared to cancel it again if my client slept with him!!!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:40 PM

No ............... would have been good to go to a tribunal and 'out' the employer?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 06:42 PM

Good for you. I too once helped a friend who had been unfairly sacked which did go to Tribunal and I sat with her on my right, and on my left was a QC no less. Nobody but my friend knew who I was, or what kind of representation I was capable of.

Because of her circumstances, my friend's nerves were shot to pieces but she came over well until the QC brought up the fact that my friend had disappeared abroad, which she did to try to clear her head, despite the fact that she was making sure her doctor's notes were getting to her employers whilst she was away.

When the QC mentioned this, on a note-pad in front of my friend I wrote the words in large red capitals - FRIVOLOUS VEXATION! My friend understood what it meant.

To cut a long story short she won her case and received a sum of money. Her employees hadn't written up a legal Contract of Employment so their complaint was thrown out of Court.

Her employers were a firm of Solicitors.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
No ............... would have been good to go to a tribunal and 'out' the employer?
Yes Mary darlin' I would have done, but the decision to settle with monetary compensation wasn't mine but that of my client. We had all the written evidence to prove the allegations but nervousness about the hearing also played a part.
maryl
UK

23-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I know it does .......... the whole process is draining for them. I was a union rep for many years and then worked in the union office for ten years. They often settled before the tribunals, it takes so long to get to that stage and are exhausted by then and just want to put a the lid on it all.
Well done to you Mollie, I cannot stand unscrupulous employers!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-11-2011, 06:55 PM

Nice one Mollie darlin' - well done you!!! Some Baristers haven't got the common sense they were (supposedly) born with. I too have been in a position of being able to 'wipe the floor' with jumped up Barristers too.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Well done, refreshing to hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top