Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Aircraft nose gear failure

This news item was sent to me by a friend, it's really worth a look...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Re: Aircraft nose gear failure

oh my goodness , what a brave quick thinking man that truck driver must be.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 01:18 PM

That's amazing Barry - the man driving the truck is a true hero. What courage and strong nerve he must have.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 01:23 PM

Wow! What accuracy at high speeds. The truck driver is a hero.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 01:31 PM

That's amazing, such perfect timing by the truck driver!

I hope the airport reward him for preventing a disaster landing ....... a very brave man indeed!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:20 PM

He is either brave or fool hardy.

I wonder if he would have done this if he thought about how fast he would have to travel and the weight of the plane hitting the back of the truck?

It is still something that he will be proud of doing and took some courage plus I bet all the people on the plane buy him a great Christmas pressie.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Looks like we've all been fooled, as I've just been told that it's an advert for Nissan vehicles, and they say the camera never lies..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Looks like we've all been fooled, as I've just been told that it's an advert for Nissan vehicles, and they say the camera never lies..
Well I was completely taken in by it, even brought it to my hubby's attention and he was amazed! I have to sneak back in to tell him we've been fooled now!

Good while it lasted, Barry!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Barry I had doubts in my mind about it as I hinted with the speed and weight pointer but I did not want to be seen as doubting Thomas.

The weight of a plane would collapse the chasis of a small truck and send it skywards.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Barry I had doubts in my mind about it as I hinted with the speed and weight pointer but I did not want to be seen as doubting Thomas.

The weight of a plane would collapse the chasis of a small truck and send it skywards.
I did wonder how the truck managed to take the weight of the plane too, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top