Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Think Positive Tuesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVqUz8m2PQ

Dark,wet but quite warmish at 10 degrees. Mother natures creatures are just starting to venture out and the Fox was late going home down the lane this morning.

Plans for today, fill up with diesel then a trip out to Ulswater and a walk around the waters edge, lunch at some local establishment before a relaxing afternoon with a book and visitors tonight.

Have a great day everyone and Gazuntite to all who still have colds and sneezes.

Think Positive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Re: Think Positive Tuesday

Good morning AB and all forumeers to follow...

Thick fog and very mild here this morning but forecast to clear by lunchtime...maybe...

Nothing much planned after cleaning the bathroom and the oven (we draw straws for the oven job).. Home made meditteranean vegetable tart for lunch and then an afternoon with friends....

Have a great day and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Dark, dreich and very cold up here so far! Birds are quiet outside, those that are about at the moment!

Went to the hospital yesterday afternoon - had to take a taxi as I had fallen asleep on the chair after a long walk with Loki - woke up at 2.30 pm and had to call a taxi to get me there on time! Got there with a minute to spare, ran along a couple of long corridors to get to the lift and eventually got to the ward doors, they were shut! A nurse came along to go into the ward and I asked what time the doors opened as it was, by this time, after 3 pm. She said "oh there is no visiting on Monday afternoons"!! I blew my top - after paying £6 for a taxi, I wasn't prepared to not go in to see my neighbour. There are no notices up to tell anyone that there is no visiting, either on front of the doors, notice boards, or their web site! So the nurse was very nice and went in and spoke to the ward Sister and I was allowed in!! However, Anne-Marie, was completely out of it as she had been given her meds just before I had got in, which included 4 Diazepam and she was so very groggy. I doubt she knew I was there, so I just left the things I had brought her on her table and the wee cupboard and asked the nurse to tell her that I had been there. Going back this afternoon with her Dad - I will get a lift there! Felt a bit of a plonker though! On leaving the ward there was another man wanting to get in as well!! I complained at the reception desk and the woman said she would pass on my comments!!

So rather a wasted afternoon yesterday.

Hope everyone has a lovely day today and weather good for you all as well.

Many thanks for those links, Bob. Love the 2nd one!

Take care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Good morning all wet and mild with just a hint of clearing up later.

I am ready to go, fruit soaked and ingredients weighed out I am making my christmas puddings and mince meat today . I love the smell of Christmas cooking

Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do..
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Good Tuesday morning to everyone from Northamptonshire. We had lots of rain last night so not so foggy today but feeling very damp and chilly. MY daughter and I are going to visit a friend today. When my daughter was in infant/junior school she was friends with a little girl and I used to look after her in the holidays,we lost touch when she was about 9 or 10 and she moved away. They have been in touch on facebook and we are going to visit her today. She has a baby who is disabled and we are going to meet him as well, looking forward to it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Not a very nice day today.
Foggy, cold, drizzling ugh. dont like this weather
Feel like staying in but got to go out today.
Enjoy whatever you are doing today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 11:37 AM

Good morning all, We have wall to wall sunshine here today and it's nice and warm, I can't help feeling we are going to be punished for this lovely weather later on, or if I was very optimistic I would think it was payback time for last years extra-crappy winter. one way or another we live in hope.
Sorry to hear about your wasted hospital trip Brandykins, you did your best, thats the main thing.
Enjoy your day folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Good morning all. We've had a miserable couple of days with over 2 inches of rain and winds near 100 miles per hour. Trees are falling and floods are being cause not only by all the rain but by storm drains clogged by all those leaves blown off the trees. We still have at least one more day of this coming. The ground is so saturated that the trees are being uprooted by the sustained high winds. I'm sad to say this is a normal pattern for November storms in the Pacific Northwest. I'm glad I have my Smart Car parked under a carport to protect it a bit.

I plan on attending the coffee clutch at McDonald's this morning but that is the extent of my plans. Have a great day all!
sunlover68
Arizona, USA
sunlover68 is female 

22-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Another beautiful day here in LHC, Arizona! My Sis is here to escape the winter in ND for the next 2 wks and she will decide then whether to stay longer or go on down the road with the rv. So, i'm enjoying her for whatever length of time she is here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Hello fellow members! an overcast morning has turned into a lovely sunny afternoon, still very mild so the washing is out on the line!

Tomorrow we are off to Cardiff for the day, a place I really like. A lady's paradise for shops but a hubby's nightmare (according to mine!). I usually 'park' him on a seat in one of the Malls, give him a paper to do the crossword and wander round the shops at my ease!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top