Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Have you ever wondered...

Have you ever wondered why people become so attracted to a certain 'type' ? I speak of the physical aspect of sexuality.

I began to wonder about this a few years back when a friend of mine and I were talking about who we thought was exceptional nice looking. He said that his heart skipped a few beats every time he saw Salma Hayek.

I suppose Salma Hayek could be nice looking to some men but she leaves me rather cold. No interest at all.

My type is totally, and I mean totally, different.

Ever since then I have been thinking about this from time to time and I can't figure out why the different choices. Where does that come from ?

What say, you ? Any ideas about where that attraction to a specific 'type' comes from ?

Note: yes, other aspects of a person are ultimately much more important, like for example : kindness, faithfulness, intelligence, common goals etc. However, in this thread I refer exclusively to the physical attraction.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:31 AM

Re: Have you ever wondered...

I read somewhere that we are drawn to what we consider perfection so that if we have babies with that person we produce perfect little babies.....it's mother nature messing with our heads
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I read somewhere that we are drawn to what we consider perfection so that if we have babies with that person we produce perfect little babies.....it's mother nature messing with our heads
That is where it all comes from, find that out and there is the answer. If we delved into what part our genes play in this, our upbringing and everything else that makes us the people we are the reasons would be found. Far too involved to give a single, simple reason for what the OP asks but it's there, somewhere, as are all the reasons for everything concerning us as the people we are and 'how we tick'. IMO
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:23 AM

I'd be happy to read even an overly simplistic answer.

This question is driving me nuts. Jeez, there must be some kind of an answer.

My sister, who was a tall woman, had a thing about extra tall, beefy, red-headed, lumberjack type men. But she didn't know why.

Me? I go nuts for the petite, delicate ones who are brunette. Something about them that makes me want to protect.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Personality more than looks is what I feel attractive...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I'd be happy to read even an overly simplistic answer.

This question is driving me nuts. Jeez, there must be some kind of an answer.

My sister, who was a tall woman, had a thing about extra tall, beefy, red-headed, lumberjack type men. But she didn't know why.

Me? I go nuts for the petite, delicate ones who are brunette. Something about them that makes me want to protect.
Personally, and without going into the psychology of it all, it's what you fancy and even probably what takes your fancy at the time. The mysteries of life – there are so many of them, a lot of them go unanswered too. A very interesting post and subject though.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Nature seems to know.

Nature seems to give males & females colours & other attributes which make them more attractive to the other side.

Or is that all about evolution, survival of the fittest?

Then again, there are the movies.

If some film producers decide what is attractive then the public will, surely, be conditioned by the look of the heroes & heroines portrayed.

If anyone is looking for a tall, dark & handsome chap, with lots of skills & intelligence, it's not me.
bakerman
Mexico

17-06-2020, 10:00 AM

I once read that people are often attracted towards people with an entirely different DNA. As in blondes towards brunettes and brunettes toward blondes. Could be ol' mother nature increasing the viability of the stock .
bakerman
Mexico

17-06-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Then again, there are the movies.

If some film producers decide what is attractive then the public will, surely, be conditioned by the look of the heroes & heroines
Hmm. I like that idea. Good thinking
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Can't help you there BM, but, as a Bloke what is strange is @ age 17, 60 out of a hundred Lasses were perceived attractive, now @ age 60, the ratio should have gone up, but in fact it has dropped to about 2 in a hundred?????

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top