Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 06:57 PM

Printing size

Hi all

As some of you know I have a new hobby making graphics in a software package that Mart introduced me to.

I am really baffled as to why I can't get the image to print out at the size I want it to be.

I am wanting to frame my graphics and perhaps try selling them online as some of them are really nice.

The frames I have bought are 8x8inches but try as I might I can't get them to print out at that size.

I made the graphiic 8x8 but it doesn't print out at that size it prints out smaller even when I try resize it, it doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas? I'm rubbish with understanding how images and printing works.

What am I doing wrong, does anyone know?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:37 PM

Re: Printing size

I'll warn you ... I'm pretty thick

but when I've wanted to print out one of my own piccies I just select 'fit to size' in the printer control and it does the trick for me, with no resizing of the original image needed ( it was actually scanned in from an A4 size).

I bet there'll be a photo art guru on here who can offer better advice and help.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:38 PM

By default, the program prints at 'Best fit'. This is something a little less than the actual image size, usually 96.98%. I have found this to be the case even if the image is smaller than the paper.

When the program's printer dialogue box opens, go into 'Options' and change the setting from 'Best fit' to 'Custom'. Type '100' into the 'Scale' box and press 'OK'. Then print the image. It should turn out the right size.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:49 PM

You have just passed the first lesson LQ, checking if you can get frames to match picture size first. Next is either frame border design or print edge design ,could make all the difference to a sale.

On my printer you get different sizes to print. The highlighted size is user defined and here I could print the size I wanted as long as the paper is large enough to print on

sorry screen shot not that clear but you get the idea of how many sizes a printer has built in

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that is just part of it, there is type of paper to consider which could include Matt or glossy to name but 2 . Monitors are back lite hard copies are not so allow for the difference. Colour calibration to think of as well .

Printing your own can be expensive for example the paper I prefer is
link

https://www.on-linepaper.co.uk/ilfor...per-sheets-310

And would recommend

Apart from all that if you are going to b a self employed trader this can bring on all sorts of issues. I know because Sue and I had our own business for over 23 years. We have income tax -VAT- different insurances to cover everthing-= in depth tax inspections-Licencing-Accountants -Solicitors the whoe works

It is not uncommon for photos to be "lifted" off the internet and someone else uses them as their own
So you need to watermark right across the product is the best way and make them useless if copied by small size useless if blown up.

AS a trader you should be aware that all and everyone will be after you income. From tax man to customers demanding money back for what ever reason. I could go into more detail but believe me it is a minefield you will be lucky not to trip up on one.

My strong advice is LQ " DON'T DO IT".It will only bring on headaches and worry

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top