Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Even colder Wednesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX...eature=related

To start the day with a walk as dawn is breaking, with mother natures creatures welcoming a new day is just like starting to live your life.The fresh air, albeit a bit cold (1 Degree)fills the lungs and livens up your inside ready to face anything that the day may bring, unlike arising halfway through the morning and hearing the 10:00am news and all the disasters that have happened which makes you want to go back to bed.
Arise and shine was my mothers motto and we all had to get up, drawing back the curtains and seeing the darkness of the skies made you wonder why on earth god made the early hours. After a lifetime of getting up early we now think it is un-natural to sleep in.

Plans for today are weekly shopping(done) Coffee and bacon sarnie whilst sorting out the rest of the days plans. Lunch will be at some local establishment( She who must be obeyed has decreed) with the afternoon filled with some form of relaxation therapy before an evening of quizzes with friends and neighbours.

Have a great day everyone and remember this and dont do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-_1ZISurPo
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Re: Even colder Wednesday

Good Morning Bob and it's the kind of morning I love! Dry and crisp and cold - 1 degree as well up here! Jack Frost has been busy outside!

Love those links and both have memories for me - so thank you again, Bob, for sharing them!

Loki took me a nice long walk yesterday - the long way round down to the town centre - OK going down the hills but a fair trech coming back up them!! Looking forward to going our walk after 10 am when she's had her meds!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Good morning Rose, AB and all who follow
AB I enjoyed the Carpenters track ,I always thought there were a good team.

Defiantly chilly this morning but reasonably dry. I managed to get the back garden tidied and trimmed ready for the winter yesterday, just the front garden to do now.

Have a peaceful day ..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Good morning to everyone.

5deg and overcast here in the Midlands but perfect for an hour of sweeping up leaves and tidying the veg patch ready for the winter. I grow nothing over winter as I enjoy the break and look forward to a fresh start in the spring.

No other plans for today except for walking the dogs and relaxing with a book this afternoon.

Enjoy your day folks...

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:43 AM

I think we have finally caught up with the rest of the country, it is very very cold here today. Still dry which i dont mind, still go out for a brisk walk though
Enjoy your day in what every you are doing
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Very cold up here, haven't managed to get warm yet Lovely and sunny though. Met a couple of friends on the marsh earlier and between us we had 5 collies who were all running around after balls apart from my poor old Bonnie who is very slow these days.

Off to supermarket shortly as cupboards are very bare, have even run out of dog and cat food!!

Not much else planned for rest of day, just the usual office stuff.

Enjoy your day folks
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Good morning all, cloudy and cold but no rain so far today. A nice quiet start to the day, everybody is out and I have the place to myself but I can't relax, I think I'll head up to the local at lunchtime and annoy some of the old lads..
I'm glad now I had my cold and I wont have it for the festive season as I did last year.
Enjoy your day Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 01:38 PM

Good morning all. We're in for a nasty day as the forecast calls for a heavy rainfall of over 2 inches. We're starting at 1C or 34F this morning which is pretty chilly. It's supposed to be extra windy also today which will do a number on the leaves that have been so spectacular. I keep reminding myself that we're in mid-November so all this is normal. November is traditionally our wettest month.

My friend, Warren, came over yesterday and picked up the computer he purchased from me. He did all the work as I kept him entertained, watered & fed. I did the cleaning as more and more of my computer desk emptied. He then set up my new iMac in the cleaned out area, relocated my fine printer and got everything working properly. I could have done all that he did but this was his way of saying thank you. I have, subsequently, regained my full kitchen table. Yeah!

So, I'm a one computer guy now, one 21.5" iMac with 16gig of Ram, a 500gig hard drive with a 1TB backup drive that is attached and working flawlessly. I need to take a photo of myself sitting at the new setup before I dirty the area. LOL

Today I'm off to McDonald's then returning home before the big storm hits. I've signed up for a 3 hour online photography class this afternoon by Joe McNally, a renowned portrait photographer. My education never stops.

Have a great day all and hug the closest living thing to you.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 01:42 PM

Hello all from a very damp, gloomy and chilly SW - temp is struggling at 6ºC ....brrrr!

No plans for today other than the day to day chores. Will be 'feeding' my Christmas cakes this afternoon.

Stay warm and enjoy your day folks!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Good afternoon all Looking at everyone's temperature, ours doesn't seem so bad at 10°C, although damp and gloomy with it.

Our electricity was off for 4 hours this morning, so coffee/tea was out of flasks. One good thing came out of it though - managed to defrost the freezer - a job that I kept putting off

Enjoy the rest of your day, whatever you're doing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top