Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 07:02 AM

Frivolous Friday

Morning all --don't you just feel like running into the Labour conference and saying -I just LOVE the Sun!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Re: Frivolous Friday

Too late - they've all gone home now!

It's a lovely sunny morning; not what was forecast but I'm not complaining. I'm hoping to get out with the dog today, for the first time in a week. Hope that means there's some improvement in my back.

No news here - which, as we tend to agree, is probably the best way to be
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Another lovely day here too though noticeably colder ...(shiver)
Yippee the transplanted purple sprouting broccoli is still standing (if a little wilted)

I keep putting off household jobs while the weather holds to 'concentrate on the garden' (and let's be honest to wander around the fields in the sunshine with Chloe ) so really will have to do some cleaning this afternoon, the trouble is when I come on here nothing gets done !

Have a happy and productive day everyone .
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Brassicas normally transplant without too much fuss Meg - you used to be able to buy a bundle wrapped up in newspaper at the market .. they were like screwed up rags by the time they were planted out but nearly always revived. btw - one of my purple sprouting plants has taken off and is weeks ahead of the others. We had our first pickings last Sunday - lovely!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Cloudy, damp and a bit chilly here, sun supposedly will appear later. This chilly weather calls for a nice big nourishing pot of home made soup tonight. It's peaceful and quiet here, did a market run. Meg, I too tend to put off household chores in favor of the garden and here also! DM, hope your back improves enough for the walk.

Hope it's a good day for all.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Good evening everyone

Well it has been a very warm day, we had a lovely walk this morning and Kia was happy not to have been attacked by a butterfly today!

I had a very busy afternoon, our park "spinners" were in and its always a very lovely atmosphere. One of the spinners makes felt teddies and this time has also made some beautiful felt dogs, I want one!!

I ended the day at work by breaking a window ooops, I don't know my own strength!

Hope you all have had a good day!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top