Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 01:59 AM

Road Courtesy

Is it me, or am I in the twilight zone? I thought a red traffic light meant stop, do not move, remain in one position.

Apparently this is not the case.

Tonight coming home from work I was at a cross-roads behind a transit van waiting for the lights, which were on green. We were in a position in the road (hatched area) to move on amber, which the transit van did, quite legally, and I followed it. However, some silly sod did not stop at his red light and started to follow transit van, cutting me off from my turn. He stopped. I stopped, then I'm afraid I was very unladylike to get him out of my way. All traffic stopped because of this idiot. I was in the right in my manoeuvre.

This is what makes driving here dangerous because his light was definitely on red but still came through it and I was in the position where I had to get out of the way, quite legally.

Anyone else encounter plonkers like these?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:10 AM

Re: Road Courtesy

Firstly Mollie I have to laugh at your use of the word plonker a typical 'Del Boy' terminology

Secondly, yes, all the time and, (I don't wish to be sexist) but it always seems to be the men, in my case. And, they say that women are the worst drivers
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:22 AM

thats what I thought two
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Mollie darlin' - that's what the 'one finger' traffic sign is for !!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Is it me, or am I in the twilight zone? I thought a red traffic light meant stop, do not move, remain in one position.
Some years ago I had to drive to Sheffield regularly to visit my late sister in hospital . There seemed to be an unwritten law there that red traffic lights meant go not stop The worst offenders were the taxis. I use to be so scared driving there.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 10:49 AM

This so made me laugh Mollie, this happens all the time not only do cars speed up when the lights turn from amber to red cars keep going though long afterwards.
My mantra is always why are there no police when you need them to catch these drivers.
It is always the same at rounabouts with us, cars see you coming round the roundabout and they come off the exit round at speed to get in front of you, if this wasent so stupid it would be funny.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Cyclists go through red lights all the time. Apparently the highway code doesn't apply to them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Reading everyone's reply, I'm just glad I don't drive!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:51 PM

I do not drive
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 05:46 PM

I definitely could not be without my car. Its part of me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top