Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Clean feet

I prefer showers to baths but since having a knee problem a couple of years ago I find it difficult to do my stork act and stand on one leg while I wash each foot

I have an 'over the bath shower' and have found if I put the plug in the bath and some bubbles in the bath then move my feet around while I have a shower my feet get washed at the same time
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Re: Clean feet

Like you Meg I prefer a shower to a bath and I would miss not having my daily shower.
Talking about washing feet I have a foot spa tucked away somewhere.
I think I might just search it out and give my feet a treat with a nice massaging wash.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:51 PM

Hi Meg, you can get a waterproof seat for baths that just span across to the sides, just the job for washing the lower extremities safely...worth a try maybe? An example here..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi Meg, you can get a waterproof seat for baths that just span across to the sides, just the job for washing the lower extremities safely...worth a try maybe? An example here..
thank you Barry but they are for the old and infirm...

£51 for a couple of bits of wood think I would rather have dirty feet
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 08:02 PM

I have the same bath/shower arrangement as you Meg, I have a brush with a 2ft. long light handle on it for scrubbing my feet and toes, I don't have to bend atall.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 08:05 PM

Yes I dont have a bath either as once down in the water have a hell of a job to get out, so its the shower for me too I do the put the plug in the bath and some showe gel and splash about,cant bend down as I would gohead over heels onto the floor.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 08:06 PM

That sounds good Jem, must get the yard brush in tomorrow!.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-11-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I have the same bath/shower arrangement as you Meg, I have a brush with a 2ft. long light handle on it for scrubbing my feet and toes, I don't have to bend atall.
That's an idea Jem thanks, there was a man on 'Dragons Den' with a special bath mat with raised 'tufts' on it which would wash your feet while you showered but the Dragons didn't seem to like the idea and I don't think he got the necessary funding to progress the business.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
thank you Barry but they are for the old and infirm...

£51 for a couple of bits of wood think I would rather have dirty feet
It will sound cheap if you fall and hurt yourself, but why not pick up a couple of foot of 8"x2" planed at the wood merchants, shouldn't cost more than a couple of quid to do the same job.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Yes I dont have a bath either as once down in the water have a hell of a job to get out, so its the shower for me too I do the put the plug in the bath and some showe gel and splash about,cant bend down as I would gohead over heels onto the floor.
Great minds as they say Annie I thought I had a flash of brilliance but it seems not

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top