Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 10:32 AM

Britain's ageing population

This is an interesting article, with interactive map, showing how the population is ageing and demonstrating those areas of the country with the highest older population etc.
I hope the people who make the decisiions about resources take note and try to provide the services which will be needed.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Re: Britain's ageing population

Nice find DM. Wonder if those areas are an indication of a better standard or living too? See Devon is quite 'popular'!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 12:23 PM

I think it may well be something to do with a stress-free life etc Azz. Or maybe it is that people who are well off and well educated (and might therefore expect a long healthy life, statistically) etc retire to those 'nice' areas.
I know there is a very high expected lifespan in my area, together with one of the lowest crime rates etc. Also no 'blue roads' as we call 'em. Wonder if a lower speed limit helps keep the blood pressure down? It feels like it to me
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 07:05 AM

I think a big factor is that we have much more leisure time than even our parents. We moved to the coast to enjoy a bracing beach life -now we hardly ever go there-lol.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 01:04 PM

I would love to live near a beach! Post some pics if you get time Chris
dinahsmum
SW England

02-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Half of babies born today will live to 100
Scarey thought!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top