Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 10:21 PM

Hosting

Could this become a hosting point?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 12:30 AM

Re: Hosting

I'd like to give an answer your question. A little more information would be good.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 07:05 AM

Just the basic facts?

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 07:11 AM

Nobody else is responding so I'll just say - with respect - I have no idea what you're talking about. .Hosting is a verb. You need a subject. Hosting what?..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-05-2020, 07:27 AM

Photos of course, after all these years, I bothered to take on board the instructions to enable moi to upload photos without reliance of a third party. Now, the genie is out the bottle, there is a danger of visual overload!, guess we may find out if a picture is worth a thousand words.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 08:29 AM

I opened a free Flickr account and am slowly going through my old photos scanning them and uploading them so my son in Australia can have them if he wants when I pop my clogs . It’s an excruciatingly slow process that drives me insane . There must be a quicker better way to do than the one I use . I scan old photo . Edit it ( it’s always upside down and small . I then save it to my laptop ( god know where as it seem to be a ransom process ) lose my rag trying to find take it out of the new folder that my laptop likes to make put it into the folder OLD scanned pictures . Try and arrange them according to date of occasion. Yea gods perhaps I could employ a six year old to do it after lockdown
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-05-2020, 08:50 AM

That sounds a bit laborious Muddy and, there is no substitute for an original photo for giving a sense of place and time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 08:52 AM

I have box loads of them .
If the house burns down they will be lost forever
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Could this become a hosting point?
As we know, images uploaded to the forum can't be seen without being logged in. However, if someone who is logged into the forum opens such an image and copies the link to it, they could provide that link to somebody in an e-mail or other forum post. Anyone following the link could view the image without logging into OFF.

That would be a kind of image hosting I suppose and technically possible but I think members would not be likely to do it. If someone wanted a non-member to view an image they had seen or posted here, I think it more likely that the image would be downloaded and then uploaded to elsewhere for linking to or showing.

As responsible members, I think we also have to consider the well-being of OFF. I'm not sure if doing what is possible as described in paragraph 2 would use the forum's bandwidth and hence add to Azz's costs. Maybe, maybe not.

In any event, I don't think the forum would ever be used as a mass image hoster. Why do so when there are other sites dedicated to the job?
keezoy
Australia

13-05-2020, 10:00 AM

I feel a bit duh now. Is there something I missed?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top