Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 07:14 AM

'Telephone' thursday

Morning to a grey start. I have calls to make --my dentist [usual check-up] -the garage [book the car in for a service] and 'tecchie' son [to ask why I cannot find re-tune in my Freeserve tv!]
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 08:46 AM

Re: 'Telephone' thursday

Pinch punch, first of the month - White Rabbits!
Another reasonable looking day today - the sun is thinking about coming out to play.
Chr1st1an - have a look at retune tv (google it) and see if you can sort your telly. We had M-i-L on the phone for a good half-hour last night whilst my OH talked her through the retune, courtsey of that site. Pictures of your remote control, arrows pointing to the correct button etc. Bon chance!
She was moaning heartily (and i agree with her) that this sneaky move (whatever it is) has received far too little publicity to help those who are least able to cope. Luckily my Mum had a neighbour come in to do hers (and see the dog of course! What an asset that creature is )
I don't think I have any other sparkling news or views, so I'll wish everyone a good day and head off to see what was posted last night
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Morning all defiantly a nip in the air this morning.

On opening the bedroom curtains this morning I was relieved to see the Broccoli plants I moved yesterday still standing , I thought the move had killed them

Have a good day everyone...x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 11:58 AM

What a gorgeous start to October! After the initial chill in the morning air it's a lovely warm day......... al fresco lunch is a must!

I hope those of you who needed to retune your TV's have successfully done so. I'm just pleased that we didn't have to do anything to ours

Enjoy your day!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Glorious sunshine here, at last and there's not a breath of wind.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Morning all, although its technically afternoon now.

Its a mild day here, we have had some lovely sunny spells. Had a pleasant walk with the dogs earlier, Kia proved what a big woose she is, she sniffed a butterfly that was closed up, it spread its wings, she shrieked and leapt a foot in the air, it was sooo funny!

I managed to tune my set top box eventually, don't ask how I just kept pushing buttons until something came up with automatic tuning!

I have a busy afternoon now rushing from shop to shop with a long list!

Have a good day all.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Afternoon all, its so cold here, with rain and wind.....Looking forward to going to Houston tomorrow....3 weeks of sun!!!
Hope everyone is in good health.................
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Hi all! Nothing interesting happening here, so all I can contribute is the transatlantic weather report: brilliant sun, no wind to speak of, but still unseasonably chilly: only 14 degrees now. I really dislike the colder weather, wish we had some of Houstons where Moli will soon be enjoying it. Ah well. Hope it's a good day for all.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Bon Voyage Moli - look forward to hearing from you when you get there and get settled
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 05:29 PM

The temperature is dropping now but it's been a lovely day. Cleared a few more leaves from the garden and was tangled in a few more spider's webs for my efforts....yuk!

I was writing a few birthday cards this afternoon for later this month and it suddenly occurred to me that they may not reach their destination in time with these nuisance postal strikes Let's hope it's all settled soon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top