Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 09:48 PM

Winter in Ontario

my street

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Re: Winter in Ontario

Ooh! that looks so pretty but very, very cold!

Are they good at clearing the roads there, Pixie?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Brrrrrr... Pixie - have you got all that lot already? We lived in Calgary years ago and it did get very cold in the winter, but it was a dry cold. There was a lot of snow and once it came it was there until the Spring thaw, but it didn't stop anyone getting about like it does in England. Nights could be very dangerous, but whenever there was a Chinook the daytime temperatures rose quite rapidly. Can I ask where abouts in Ontario are you - have you been there a long time?
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:15 PM

no snow on the ground was just flurries today
I live in a place called kitchener ats about a hour south of Toronto
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:19 PM

I seem to remember those photos from last year. It was really bad.

Mags, they come out with road ploughs and clear the roads pretty quickly, from what Pixie's told me in the past.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I seem to remember those photos from last year. It was really bad.

Mags, they come out with road ploughs and clear the roads pretty quickly, from what Pixie's told me in the past.
Unlike here then..... everything comes to a halt with just a sprinkling of snow!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:36 PM

That gave me the shivers! Beautiful, but awful to try to get around in. Everything comes to a halt in Washington too; we cannot handle snow.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Great pics...strange how other countries can cope with this amount of snow, but get a snowfall here and everything comes to a standstill. Perhaps this year we might be better prepared????
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

11-11-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Great pics...strange how other countries can cope with this amount of snow, but get a snowfall here and everything comes to a standstill. Perhaps this year we might be better prepared????
I doubt it very much, Merz!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Not --------gonna'..........happen! In my lifetime anyway. We never could cope with snow and never will. Old Cold War joke that the Russians, if they were smart, would time the attack just as Washington was immobilized with the first snow!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top