Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:38 AM

Welcome Back !......... Yes or No ?

Wild Boars were extinct from our countryside some 300 years ago, but recent years with escape, activists and hunters releasing them, I wonder how safe we’ll be on a country trek.

Wild Boars are/can be a dangerous beast, although them that support their release, assure us they can be protective if they have young with them, so we should keep dogs well away, and give them a wide berth…….. Other words, keep well away their dangerous.

And there’s more….. There are animal support groups wanting, to release Lynx and Wolves back into our countryside.

The reason is, we have a Deer population that’s growing out of control, as they have no predators…..And they too ( Lynx, Wolves ) were once part of our countryside…

Mind I hear our once largest bird of prey, the White Tipped Tail or winged Eagle has also made a come back….. yep 2.5 metre wing span makes, the Buzzard look like a sparrow.

My family and dog like our country/forest walks being as one with nature, regardless of them dangerous encounters with squirrels, rabbits or a hedgehog with attitude, we/I feel safe.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:48 AM

Re: Welcome Back !......... Yes or No ?

We also have Beavers back in our countryside, which most think is a good thing. They are not dangerous animals though.
Mink got released & those shouldn't be here at all.
I thought someone already had Wolves loose on their land. I'm sure I saw a program about them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:49 AM

Most wild animals give humans a wide berth Marciniak, I can see the risk to dogs, but I don't think the farmers will be very happy when their sheep and hens start going missing. I don't think that Lynx and wolves would be very selective which animals they decide to take for lunch.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 12:44 PM

The European wild boar is very good eating especially with chocolate sauce to mask the boar taint in the case of the mature male.

Personally I welcome the return of what were once common animals.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 01:20 PM

It is interesting to think, a ramble in the countryside will contain an element of risk, no need to shell out for a Safari.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 01:36 PM

Maybe being a city slicker, having seen films like “Razorback” and other such films with packs of Wolves hunting humans to eat, is why their re-introduction causes me concern.

We also had Bears ! ( do they want to bring them back ? )

I wonder why/how these animals became extinct to our land.

I’m thinking, they were hunted mainly because they were a danger to both farm animals and people alike.

I have read the increasing population of wild boar that roam The Forest of Dean has/is causing concerns.

Wow… just read most dangerous animal in the UK is the Cow, apparently they’re responsible for 74 deaths in the past 15 years.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Maybe being a city slicker, having seen films like “Razorback” and other such films with packs of Wolves hunting humans to eat, is why their re-introduction causes me concern.

We also had Bears ! ( do they want to bring them back ? )

I wonder why/how these animals became extinct to our land.

I’m thinking, they were hunted mainly because they were a danger to both farm animals and people alike.

I have read the increasing population of wild boar that roam The Forest of Dean has/is causing concerns.

Wow… just read most dangerous animal in the UK is the Cow, apparently they’re responsible for 74 deaths in the past 15 years.
That's just a rumour put about by the Cows to sound Hard, I bet they are just "Milking it".
marciniak
wales uk

05-05-2020, 02:30 PM

You reckon they're just beefing themselves up ......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-05-2020, 02:34 PM

Probably just being Bullish.
marciniak
wales uk

05-05-2020, 02:58 PM

Yes, Best ignore them.....best let it go in one ear and out the udder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top