Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:11 AM

We deserve a treat..

After this..

I've been thinking of all the money we're saving through not going out, not buying petrol, no impulse buys at the supermarket, no going in clothes shops etc. etc

By the time this ends I will have saved enough for a good holiday or maybe some new furniture. Cant decide which - may be both if it goes on a long time..

I sure as hell am going to treat myself to something!

How about you?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Re: We deserve a treat..

Carol, I'm the same as you I cant believe the amount of money I'm saving being locked up....I made a pact with myself to be more aware of what I spend when we are set free.

What treat will I spend the dosh on? Definitely a family party and I might treat my daughter and daughter in law to a spa break for a few treatments ,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 09:21 AM

I have spent some of my holiday money on the garden, more plants , plant pots, compost and delivery .

At least I will have some more good things to eat and look at until it is safe to go out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 10:48 AM

I'm enjoying my treat now Carol.....
Not having to tramp round endless ladies clothes shops with Mrs Fox......It's just a pity all the cafes are shut....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 11:57 AM

Nothing to stop anyone shopping on Amazon.
I try not to though.
My treat once this is over will be to visit the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary & my adoption mule Millie. I will renew the adoption on line if the sanctuary is still closed when it's due.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Nothing to stop anyone shopping on Amazon.
I try not to though.
My treat once this is over will be to visit the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary & my adoption mule Millie. I will renew the adoption on line if the sanctuary is still closed when it's due.
Hi

I miss my car boots, specially the Posh One.

I also miss the markets, Market Drayton in particular, the WI have some amazing plants and food there.

Posh Car Boots are ace, just pay the price and never feel guilty.

Both Guy and I often pay more than what is being asked on ordinary car boots, we can still make a decent profit.

We never buy the sort of things that are nicked., or knock off stuff.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I miss my car boots, specially the Posh One.

I also miss the markets, Market Drayton in particular, the WI have some amazing plants and food there.

Posh Car Boots are ace, just pay the price and never feel guilty.

Both Guy and I often pay more than what is being asked on ordinary car boots, we can still make a decent profit.

We never buy the sort of things that are nicked., or knock off stuff.
I miss the car boots too. Never know what you might find.
A friend bought a Rollex watch strap for £80, she later sold it for £400 though the seller did know what it was.
We have bought gold jewelry, rings & things, all from one person who said, 'Oh! Those are gold & I want 50p each for those', we bought all of them. Not our usual purchase as others usually get there first.
We usually buy useful items or toys, my daughter in particular loves Lego. I go for good quality cuddly toys. My house is full of them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top