Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 06:55 PM

Do you mind ...

... people talking to you in the kitchen while you are cooking?

I am quite happy about it as long as they keep out of the way.

However - I have a friend who cannot stand anyone else in the kitchen when cooking - has been known to be quite aggressive about it.

What do you think?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:11 PM

Re: Do you mind ...

No problem, I don't cook.
God help me if I did anything in the kitchen ,first of all I would be doing it all wrong and second get a mouthful for not clearing up afterwards, third never hear the end of it.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:17 PM

This is something I've never really thought about.
I enjoy the company of my teenage son when we cook together.

Other than him I'd much rather be left alone, absorbed in what I'm doing. I won't even have a radio in the kitchen.

I find that from time to time I talk to myself while cooking, I shan't repeat some of the things I do say when things go horribly wrong!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:23 PM

I'd love somebody to be with me in the kitchen at the moment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:48 PM

I don't mind anyone being with me in the kitchen .... in fact that's how Mr Mags learned how to cook meals. He said he wanted to learn in case I was ill anytime or he would feel awful not being able to do anything for me. I would trust him fully to put together any meal for me now.

He always does the washing up as well.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I'd love somebody to be with me in the kitchen at the moment.
Wow an open invite guys
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

30-04-2020, 08:42 PM

I have no problem sharing the kitchen. Just keep an arms length away when there is knife work going on. It's not like I'm working on defusing a ticking time bomb...making dinner really shouldn't require that much concentration. It's not like if you are reaching for the garlic powder and somebody asks a question and then...

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 08:54 PM

I like to be left alone when cooking, especially when I'm bulk cooking for my dad, but my husband always comes in the kitchen and starts tidying stuff away ready to wash up even before I've finished using whatever. I usually tell him to bugger off and he beats a hasty retreat.

When I've done I'll call him in to wash up hehe.

My kitchen is only small and it's a case of too many cooks spoil the broth in my house.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:18 PM

On the Building programmes everyone want's a sociable Kitchen, best to have a space to decant the delivered Takeaway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:22 PM

Doesn't really happen here.
After my cooking poisoned the last 3 people, nobody comes anymore.

Seriously, I think it would depend entirely who it was.
If I was just doing a snack for a mate, it wouldn't bother me at all if she sat there nattering.
But if I was doing some serious cooking for a special occasion, I would probably prefer to be on my own.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top