Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-11-2011, 12:51 AM

Trepidatory Thursday.

I hope folks don't mind If I start this thread off albeit it a little early, I am off early Thursday morning to my Oncology Clinic.

I am told there is a new system being trialed, all the stuff to get through which hitherto took a couple of days is being done in the one day.

I am really happy about that but it was the bit about it "being a long day" added on the end that got me worried.

Well, there we are then all prepped and ready to go, even trimmed the old barnet in honour of the occasion. Oddly enough and despite the recent traumas of the last time I crossed the threshold I am looking forward to meeting up again with The Countess Dolingen De Gratz and her cohorts.

I have said before that we always have time for a smile or two and nothing phases these rare and gifted people, not even my wailing and moaning.

The keepers of the NHS purse strings should perhaps get off their backsides and just sit for a while and observe what these folks really do for us and then tell me that are not fit for purpose, if they dare.

Have a good day folks and take care. If I don't post for a while, look for claret and blue smoke on the western slopes of the pennines.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:53 AM

Re: Trepidatory Thursday.

Hammer I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, we will keep your seat warm here ready for your return .
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Good morning Hanner, Meg and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmro9l2scXk

It is a bit warmer today 11 degrees with not wind just a slight breeze, dry and with an 'Orange' coloured moon in the sky.
Mother natures creatures are welcoming the day with their beautiful songs and from the farm yard come the base backing for the Blackbirds.

Plans for today are a quick visit to the shops, I need new shoe laces, followed by a walk along the shore calling for lunch at some local establishment then the afternoon is to be spent doing absolutely nothing.

I hope all goes well for you Hammer.

Have a great day everyone and remember, it is not the cough that carries you off it's the coffin they carry you off in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhDaP...eature=related
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Good morning AB and fellow members it is really mild here today but misty and damp.

Almost another week gone, what is left of the year is rushing by at an unbelievable speed for me. As one gets older time seems to go faster.

Mags I hope your cold is a bit better.

Lots to do today so I better get started .
Have a pleasant day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Morning all, wet and overcast here again today. Nothing much planned other than visit to mum and Mrs PM is cooking chicken curry for lunch (extra mild).

Have a good day all, and best of luck to you Hammer...

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Well at work today came into town early to have a coffee with my hubby.
Today is still wet but not raining as yet but feels a very pleasant day so far.
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Good luck Hammer, hope it pans out ok for you. Agree about the suits, they do need to get down to the front line more often. You're going away at the right time with no fixtures this weekend for the Hammers!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Good Morning Hammer and Everyone and hope, Hammer, your day goes well for you, will be thinking of you. Hugs to you.

Many thanks for those links, Bob. Fair cheer me up they do!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:48 PM

I hope all goes well for you today, Hammer.

Your cushion is all plumped up in your chair here awaiting your return.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Good morning all, it's a damp and dreary day here.

Feeling a couple of degrees under this morning so I'm just relaxing for the day and taking the pills.

This month certainly is flying by quickly, it's only 45 days to Christmas!

Hope everyone has a good day...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top